What happens when people track their stolen phones?
If your phone was stolen, would you try and track it down yourself?
Although incredibly risky, this is what Sarah Willets did when her bag – which she says contained her ‘whole life’ – was taken from an office at work.
The 28-year-old tutor from Newcastle checked the building’s CCTV footage, where she watched in horror as a man rifled through her coat pockets for her phone before making off with her bag.
Here's who is most likely to be named new Ukip leader She called the police, but they said they wouldn’t be able to send anyone out for several hours – so she decided to take matters into... read more
- 07:26 Tesco fined £129m for overstating profits
- 07:25 Surprise arrest in house
- 07:23 Rise in pupils taking term-time holidays in Sheffield
- 07:23 McLaren factory plan submitted
- 07:23 China to punish firms for fake trade data, other foreign trade...
- 07:23 Oil futures supported by weaker dollar, but bloated supply still...
- 07:22 Brexit: Northern Ireland ‘can leave the UK for Europe’
- 07:22 Nikkei rises as yen rally pauses, investors hunt ex-dividend shares
- 07:20 Ericsson to take writedowns, provisions, restructuring charges in...
- 07:20 South Yorkshire charity issues warning over conman
- 07:20 Traffic madness
- 07:20 We don’t need a J35 service station
- 07:18 WATCH: Burton balloon-modeller Paul Brown aims high with 10-foot...
- 07:18 Cleethorpes care home goes top of the class and wins best design award
- 07:18 Sgt Wilko’s barmy army! Fans will have winning feeling when Leeds...
- 07:17 More than 100 people to protest plans for new Huddersfield school -...
- 07:16 Ex-South Yorkshire Police to challenge his removal from the force
- 07:16 Hull KR close to signing Zach Dockar-Clay and Josh Johnson
- 07:16 New poll shows centrist Macron beating Le Pen to win French election
- 07:15 How will Brussels react to Article 50 being triggered?
- 07:15 Reality Check: Will the UK pay a €60bn 'divorce bill'?
- 07:15 Liam Payne faces the realities of nappy-changing head on in small...
- 07:14 Repeated fires cause damage to Lincolnshire's most haunted church
- 07:14 Street which fought huge housing plan could now get 280 new homes
- 07:14 More than 400 Doncaster properties hit by power cut
- 07:11 Beyond the blade: the truth about knife crime in Britain
- 07:11 Hartlepool United improving all the time
- 07:10 Gareth Bale should have seen red for bad tackle on John O'Shea,...
- 07:10 India ease to eight-wicket win over Australia in Dharamsala to...
- 07:08 Neil’s plight to help others after his own inspirational journey