What does vaping do to your body? Latest research on mice revealed
Experiments on mice have revealed how electronic cigarettes increase the risk of cancer and cardiovascular disease by harming genes.
Researchers say that the 'smoke' damaged DNA in the heart, lungs and bladder of the test animals.
It's led scientists to suggest that the vaping devices could trigger tumours, strokes and heart attacks.
Similar results were obtained when the researchers mimicked the effects of e-cig smoke on human lung and bladder cells grown in the lab, writes the Bristol Post.
The findings, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, add to... read more
- 12:32 Letter: Beware of any more ‘nibbling’ of the Stray
- 12:31 Stephen Fry reveals he is battling prostate cancer in shock...
- 12:31 Why changes are coming to Aston Villa's summer transfer deadline...
- 12:31 Steve Bruce's challenge to his Aston Villa players ahead of...
- 12:31 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:31 The lasting legacy of little baby Christopher
- 12:30 Leicestershire construction materials giant Aggregate Industries...
- 12:29 How do you get your baby to sleep? Tommee Tippee has the 10 perfect...
- 12:29 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:29 Emergency shelters opened as Leeds activates cold weather protocol...
- 12:29 Lola Ross on the health trends for 2018
- 12:29 Angela Missoni: New knits
- 12:29 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:28 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:27 Slimming World turns away disabled mum 'because she could not be...
- 12:27 Teenagers stabbed multiple times in Lancaster
- 12:27 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:26 Fylde YMCA scheme tackles childhood obesity
- 12:26 Jodie and Craig aim to inspire Blackpool youngsters
- 12:26 Showcase trip for kids was just Grand
- 12:26 Sean back to beef up TV special
- 12:26 Manufacturers appoint Joel to increase engagement
- 12:26 14 warning signs of an emotional abusive partner
- 12:26 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola ready to sign improved...
- 12:26 Arsenal draw AC Milan in last-16 of the Europa League as veteran...
- 12:25 Gloucester v Wasps: The Big Match Preview
- 12:25 Coventry City team news: Here's who is in and who is out for...
- 12:25 REGIONAL: Family ‘distraught’ as brothers, aged two and six, killed...
- 12:25 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:24 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone