What does PETA stand for and why were they protesting at Crufts?
After the drama of Crufts 2018, which saw an animal rights activist sprint into the arena, it was confirmed that Peta had organised the stunt.
The peaceful protesters claim that ‘Crufts glorifies pedigree fetishists’, and urges us not to watch it – and what’s more, they want Channel 4 to stop airing it on TV.
So who are Peta, how was the organisation formed and what do they stand for?
Peta is a nonprofit animal rights organisation, and its name stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
Their aim is to end animal cruelty, with the ethos that ‘animals are not ours to eat, wear,... read more
- 01:01 House of Lords fails to represent much of UK, pressure group says
- 01:01 David Dimbleby to step down as chair of BBC's Question Time
- 00:57 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:53 Paramedics in Liverpool to go on strike today in pay dispute
- 00:53 Door closed on devolution deal, Mundell tells the SNP
- 00:53 Forces need £20bn to face Russia
- 00:51 Guatemala ends search for volcano victims with 200 still missing
- 00:51 Eight arrested after violence at Manchester cycling event
- 00:49 Barrow exhibition to celebrate 70 years of the NHS
- 00:47 'The day I was diagnosed was the worst of my life'
- 00:48 Brooks Koepka makes history in holding off Fleetwood to retain US...
- 00:47 Inside Tunisia's Shams Rad - the Arab world's 'only gay radio station'
- 00:47 The untold good news story of America today
- 00:47 Griffin: Unfair that Question Time was filmed in 'ethnically...
- 00:46 Technical college for ‘coldspot’ Doncaster wins go-ahead
- 00:42 BREAKING: Major 5.9 magnitude earthquake STRIKES Osaka region of Japan
- 00:41 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:40 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:38 Eurydice Dixon: memorial to murdered comedian vandalised
- 00:38 State of emergency declared in Papua New Guinea after riots
- 00:38 Iván Duque wins election to become Colombia's president
- 00:38 More rail strikes to hit this week
- 00:35 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:31 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:30 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...
- 00:27 UK makes Windrush Day official with £500k grant to support events
- 00:26 Join the Great British Bee Count and get ‘buzzing’
- 00:26 Sudoku 4089 easy
- 00:18 Brooks Koepka wins back-to-back US Open titles - reactions
- 00:15 Paramedics across the north west are going on strike today - and...