What Brexit slowdown? GDP UP as economy performs BETTER than expected after EU referendum
The Office for National Statistics also said the economy grew more quickly than previously thought in the April-June period, which mostly covered the run-up to the referendum.
"Together this fresh data tends to support the view that there has been no sign of an immediate shock to the economy, although the full picture will continue to emerge," ONS statistician Darren Morgan said.
The data will help give the Bank of England a clearer picture of how Britain's economy responded to the referendum, and whether it needs to cut interest rates again at its next meeting in November.
Less... read more
- 18:08 Meet the four-legged new arrivals set to keep North East nature...
- 18:08 Dad who broke his back in seven places after horror motorbike crash...
- 18:08 Holocaust to be marked with a series of events across the North East
- 18:08 Theresa May accused of betraying the North East over total Brexit plan
- 18:08 Global temperature hits record high for third year in a row
- 18:07 Harrogate woman's £25,000 win in Henshaws charity lottery
- 18:07 Wall St. flat as tech gains counter weakness in retailers
- 18:06 Shell bolsters offshore wind interests with bid in U.S. tender
- 18:05 Jobs go as Huddersfield sandwich company folds
- 18:05 You can now attend a fitness class where humans have to exercise...
- 18:05 Gabon 1-1 Burkina Faso: Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang hits penalty to...
- 18:05 Patrick Bamford seals return to Middlesbrough as Chelsea make £8.5m...
- 18:05 FIA give approval for sale for Formula One to Liberty Media as...
- 18:05 Plymouth v Liverpool FA Cup LIVE: Plus Newcastle v Birmingham and...
- 18:04 Hedderman happy to win ugly against Enville
- 18:04 James Haskell likely to make first Wasps start since May in Zebre
- 18:04 Hull mum Kerry Clarkson jailed for smuggling 38 Diazepam tablets...
- 18:00 Quick-thinking ambulance staff help avert M6 disaster near Coventry
- 18:00 Mansfield man took claw hammer to pub to protect brother
- 18:00 Teen shoots four, self at American school in northern Mexico
- 17:59 Chelsea Manning decision: Obama under fire for cutting sentence
- 17:59 The opposition view: The lowdown on Wrexham AFC's derby day rivals
- 17:58 Plymouth Argyle fan to meet FA Cup tie 'guardian angels' after...
- 17:56 Drone photography company to pay record-sized fine
- 17:56 Photos show 'weaponised commercial drones' in Iraq
- 17:56 Visual artist Tim Mann to showcase new work in Stamford
- 17:56 'Humiliated' Ben Affleck vows ‘I will NEVER do another interview...
- 17:55 People of Nottingham: Andrea Hall delivers meals to the city's elderly
- 17:55 Popular Long Eaton pub could be turned into luxury houses
- 17:55 How to check if the £2 in your pocket is worth a small fortune