What a hero: Mark Sloan has devoted his life to helping others after mum's death
Fundraising phenomenon Mark Solan has become a lifeline for suffering families after experiencing the devastation of cancer first hand.
Spurred on by the memory of his mum, who passed away from cancer at the age of 43, Mark has started his own trust to help others who have been struck by the disease.
The 43-year-old from Spennymoor, County Durham, set up the Solan Connor Fawcett trust after raising an incredible £20,000 in a charity boxing match.
Mark makes no money from the trust and therefore still works full-time as a store manager at Hugo Boss in Fenwick’s.
After being shortlised in the... read more
- 13:49 Kate Bliss and Lars Tharp coming to Etwall to value your treasures...
- 13:48 Huge blue ‘mutant fish’ filmed swimming around lake
- 13:48 Crash drink-driver fell over after she arrived at care home to...
- 13:48 This is the first coffee shop chain to ban all disposable cups
- 13:48 Main Nuneaton road closed after collision involving police car
- 13:48 Fly-tippers fined more than £2,200 after dumping waste across...
- 13:48 RESCUE ME: Can you give poor Elsa a new home?
- 13:47 Another case of Alabama Rot reported in Warwickshire
- 13:47 Ronny Jackson, Trump's pick for veterans affairs jobs, faces...
- 13:47 Concerns aired but hope Banbury surgery will not close after meeting
- 13:47 Facebook in 'PR crisis mode' over Cambridge Analytica scandal
- 13:47 CCTV image released after Shipston burglary
- 13:47 Roger Ratcliffe: How a walking festival in the Yorkshire Dales...
- 13:47 Licence to blog: Will 'Swahili WikiLeaks' have to close?
- 13:46 Final turbines installed as Walney wind farm prepares to meet demand
- 13:46 Crash drink-driver fell over after she arrived at care home to...
- 13:45 Question Time to visit Kettering
- 13:43 'In the naughty chair' Stoke City's Saido Berahino in the words of...
- 13:43 Cheeky guide dog keeps taking owner to pet store for treats
- 13:43 Fundraiser for Masterchef contestant who died in London Marathon...
- 13:42 UKIP says party is ‘not dead’ in Sunderland
- 13:41 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:39 All creatures great and small are blessed at church service
- 13:39 Crash drink-driver fell over after she arrived at care home to...
- 13:39 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:39 ‘Rich kid’ who swapped life with ‘skint’ family for TV show...
- 13:38 Sunderland’s Liebherr plant reveals how it’s preparing for Brexit
- 13:37 Child mauled in dog attack in Nuneaton
- 13:36 Where are you on the UK fat scale?
- 13:35 Hundreds of assaults on West Midlands Ambulance staff last year