Wetherby restaurant owner fined thousands after grease dripped in to shop below
Grease dripping down from a Chinese restaurant’s kitchen in to the shop below was one of a string of food hygiene offences which led to the owner being hit with a court bill of more than £14,000.
Leeds City Council’s environmental team investigated the complaint about grease dripping from the kitchen at Sunrise Restaurant on Westgate, Wetherby, earlier this year.
During the inspection, officers found that the premises were not kept clean or in good repair and condition.
And they discovered no measures had been put in place to stop food being contaminated or steps taken to keep equipment... read more
- 16:03 Naked female cleaners wanted to clean houses in Warwickshire...
- 16:03 Horncastle Town Council defends 20.42 per cent hike in tax bills
- 16:03 Ulverston Town Council gears up to bring in 20mph zone
- 16:03 Rhyl FC announce new young signing...and this one's only three days...
- 16:02 Chesterfield campaigners to build a ‘wall’ to mark Donald Trump’s...
- 16:02 Zimbabwe pastor in court over Mugabe death prophecy
- 16:02 Is YOUR job stressful? You're at higher risk of 5 forms of cancer...
- 16:02 Ambulances in Sweden can now block car radios: Trial system...
- 16:01 Manchester United’s Phil Jones explains success of Marcos...
- 16:01 Dad did the donkey work for our success
- 16:01 Derbyshire pharmaceuticals firm planning 'hundreds' of redundancies
- 16:01 You’re hired! Apprentices come to rescue of vandalised garden
- 16:00 Sick of people parking in front of your house? This is what the law...
- 16:00 Pupil’s business in frame
- 16:00 Body of missing woman found stuffed inside abandoned suitcase
- 16:00 20 reasons Barack Obama is the coolest US President of ALL time
- 16:00 Major Louth employer Luxus Ltd celebrates €1.4 million project
- 15:59 Lincolnshire ‘bucks the trend’ with latest employment figures
- 15:59 Ahead in the clouds – tech is reshaping the way we live
- 15:59 Seven unusual and idyllic cottages in Scotland
- 15:59 Sports partnership aims to break down barriers
- 15:59 Adlington pensioner, 81, almost cheated out of £2,500
- 15:59 Councillors’ plea to health bosses to ‘tell it like it is’
- 15:57 Bigger bill for key hospital as rates rise
- 15:57 Opera review: Written On Skin at the Royal Opera House
- 15:57 Ayr Rugby Club set sights on catching Melrose after clinching place...
- 15:56 Australian Open: Dan Evans hoping to put past demons behind him...
- 15:55 Liberty Global says Vodafone joint venture is not a deal blueprint
- 15:54 Police carry pregnant woman six miles through the snow on...
- 15:54 Wrexham prison to house first inmates in 40 day's time, according...