Western Isles energy project lighting up the future
A SCHEME aimed at making a Western Isles district the first LED community in the UK has dealt with referrals from around 140 homes for the free lighting upgrade.
Tighean Innse Gall is working with community windfarm charity Point and Sandwick Trust on a five-year project to convert the whole peninsula to energy-efficient lighting in a bid to tackle fuel poverty in the area.
READ MORE: ’Tumbling Lassies’ to highlight the plight of slavery
The LED Energy Communities project officer Dan Morrison has been working on replacing the lightbulbs in houses.
Under the lighting project, each household... read more
- 16:58 G4S recalls prisoner electronic tags over faulty strap fears
- 16:58 West Brom team news: Key duo fit for Manchester United clash
- 16:58 'I don't want the manager's job' Steve Round gives a detailed...
- 16:58 Shoppers warned as Sainsbury's and M&S recall these products
- 16:58 Former Aston Villa star forced to flee to safety after Senegal's...
- 16:58 Slavery suspects handed court orders after police raids
- 16:57 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte to give prolific young star a first-team...
- 16:57 Cara Delevingne and Kendall Jenner spotted at ‘trailer viewing’...
- 16:57 Who has picked up a new 12 sided pound coin today?
- 16:57 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks up, dollar steady as markets await Fed speakers
- 16:57 Bolivia's Morales to return to Cuba for throat surgery
- 16:57 NATO and Russia to meet again, edge towards regular talks
- 16:57 Secret admirer? Cara Delevingne holds a red rose as she parties the...
- 16:57 Another day, another bikini! Victoria's Secret Angel Martha Hunt...
- 16:57 John Legend looks typically cool in a statement leather jacket as...
- 16:57 CVC to start clock on sale of German metering firm Ista - sources
- 16:57 Claire Sweeney puts on a casual display in workout wear as she...
- 16:57 Crescent Gardens set to become apartments and art gallery as...
- 16:57 'Feeling proud of it was such a gift': Daisy Lowe reflects on her...
- 16:56 Retired Rhyl paramedic died within a day of walking out of Ysbyty...
- 16:55 Reasons couples argue revealed
- 16:55 Lord's election hopes
- 16:55 Pets at Home will not be selling any rabbits this Easter
- 16:55 River Tyne booze cruise on inflatables criticised by police
- 16:55 EROTICA BRITANNIA OR EROICA BRITANNIA: Name of Derbyshire festival...
- 16:54 Morley Iraq War veteran Simon Brown wins prestigious national award
- 16:54 Pets at Home will not be selling any rabbits this Easter
- 16:54 New fraud-proof brain scan ‘could detect paedophiles’,...
- 16:54 Would you still vote to leave the EU?
- 16:53 Earby organist bring up his half century