West Yorkshire police chief vows to tackle mobile phone use at the wheel
1 Have your say West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, Mark Burns-Williamson, has reaffirmed his pledge to make the region’s roads safer following the publication of new figures which suggest illegal mobile phone use by drivers is rising.
Almost one-third - 31 per cent - of motorists admitted to using a handheld phone behind the wheel compared to just eight per cent in 2014, in a recent survey of more than 1,700 drivers by motoring organisation, the RAC.
The proportion of drivers who confessed to sending a message or posting on social media rose from seven per cent to 19 per cent... read more
- 13:23 The latest store to open at Bullring revealed
- 13:23 German fiscal plans include provisions for possible ECB rate hikes...
- 13:23 General Election 2017 result has caused 'collapse' in consumer...
- 13:22 Campaign week for Erb’s palsy
- 13:22 Liverpool target Naby Keita admits he wants to join Manchester City
- 13:22 Scots version of Harry Potter to be published
- 13:22 SO Fest performances in Horncastle relocate to Stanhope Hall due to...
- 13:21 Hillsborough: What the six defendants are accused of
- 13:20 Rare bee-eater birds seen at Nottinghamshire sand quarry
- 13:20 Mileposts project nears completion
- 13:20 Tributes paid to 17-year-old girl 'angel' Saffron Pickering
- 13:20 Appeal to find teen last seen outside Nottinghamshire supermarket
- 13:20 Get your free Herald bottle of water at Stratford River Festival
- 13:20 PICTURE: Cute little kestrel chicks are laid at Conisbrough Castle
- 13:20 Manchester United forward Anthony Martial responds to Old Trafford...
- 13:19 Three-year sentence for spice dealer given a second chance
- 13:19 Michael Bond, creator of Paddington bear, dies at 91
- 13:19 Debris causes delays
- 13:19 Fun event assault and theft probe by police
- 13:19 Ramadan event helps victims of terror outrage
- 13:19 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Cumbria
- 13:19 Popular Paul to get public send-off
- 13:19 First birthday joy for miracle twin sisters
- 13:19 Manic episode 'caused killing'
- 13:19 Death of a horse whisperer at 70
- 13:19 Next stop... price hikes
- 13:19 Five ways to protect yourself from ID fraud - and 5 things to do it...
- 13:18 Korean nuclear firm to be 'long-term partner' in Cumbria
- 13:18 Reported West Brom transfer target wants to fight for place at Man...
- 13:18 Drug addict tried to swindle his own mum by pretending to be kidnapped