West Yorkshire police chief vows to tackle mobile phone use at the wheel
0 Have your say West Yorkshire’s Police and Crime Commissioner, Mark Burns-Williamson, has reaffirmed his pledge to make the region’s roads safer following the publication of new figures which suggest illegal mobile phone use by drivers is rising.
Almost one-third - 31 per cent - of motorists admitted to using a handheld phone behind the wheel compared to just eight per cent in 2014, in a recent survey of more than 1,700 drivers by motoring organisation, the RAC.
The proportion of drivers who confessed to sending a message or posting on social media rose from seven per cent to 19 per cent... read more
- 12:38 What is the Brathay Trust? The charity Matt Campbell was running...
- 12:37 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:37 Whitby's summer music festival is cancelled due to funding issues
- 12:37 Paul Pogba: The TRUTH about my relationship with Man Utd boss Jose...
- 12:36 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:36 Chef to cook at pay-as-you-fel cafe in Stamford
- 12:36 Britain’s Most Wanted list: sexual crimes
- 12:35 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Tuesday, April 24, in...
- 12:35 JK Rowling won’t write anymore Harry Potter stories set in the future
- 12:35 Katie Bulmer-Cooke: You only get one body – take care of it
- 12:35 RAF centenary celebrations to be held in Durham
- 12:33 France's outsiders are making late bids to go to the World Cup
- 12:33 Manchester City pitch invasion to celebrate title being...
- 12:34 TorNaCoille Country House Hotel, Banchory
- 12:33 Hoffenheim hit the heights to make Nagelsmann more desirable than ever
- 12:33 Vivian Cheruiyot wins women’s London Marathon after Mary Keitany fades
- 12:33 Masterchef contestant, 29, dies after collapsing during London...
- 12:33 Top homes for sale in Wakefield for under £100,000
- 12:33 Distinctive Volkswagen Scirocco was stolen during burglary in Elland
- 12:32 Fundraising with man’s best friend
- 12:32 Inside Kensington Palace: William and Kate to raise third royal...
- 12:32 The best steak restaurants in London and the UK
- 12:32 DERBYSHIRE: Site chosen for new £15 million care home
- 12:32 Four miles of queues on M1 after HGV breaks down
- 12:31 It’s important to feel able to reject your partner sexually – even...
- 12:31 Rafa Benitez a ‘great fit’ to replace Arsene Wenger at Arsenal,...
- 12:31 Measles outbreak in the south - these are the symptoms to look out for
- 12:31 Leicestershire businesses honoured with Queen’s Awards for...
- 12:31 Police appeal for witnesses after biker seriously injured in crash...
- 12:31 Distinctive Volkswagen Scirocco was stolen during burglary in Elland