West Midlands population growing by 23,000 every year
The West Midlands’ population grew by 94,000 people during the past four years – and is expected to top three million in the next decade.
The population of the region stood at 2.83 million in June 2015, making it the second biggest urban area in Britain after London.
This was an increase of 94,000 people or 3.4 per cent from 2011, a study from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) shows.
Out of Britain’s major cities, only London and Bristol could point to a faster increase in population growth during that time.
Read More Council bill for pothole damage in Birmingham rises four-fold
The... read more
- 09:35 Brid’s a dry UK destination
- 09:35 Final moments of YouTuber’s life revealed before he was shot by...
- 09:35 Mohamed Salah ‘perplexed’ by reports he’s set to walk out on...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s recipe for vegan salted date caramel biscuit slices
- 09:31 Person airlifted to hospital after serious two-car crash near Grantham
- 09:31 Live updates as police cordon off Carr Lane outside New Star pub
- 09:31 How well do you know your fictional bookshops? – quiz
- 09:29 Nabil Fekir: Lyon president gives MAJOR update on Liverpool talks...
- 09:29 Council agrees to mediate in village dispute over rose garden
- 09:29 Hartlepool MP votes for Parliament to have final say on Brexit deal
- 09:29 Hartlepool council slams ‘complete inadequacy’ of special needs...
- 09:29 Babies’ day out for feast contest in village
- 09:29 Statues to legendary film directors and seaside regeneration...
- 09:29 Theft, assault, fraud and threatening behaviour: Hartlepool...
- 09:28 Deadly explosion hits Ethiopia rally for new prime minister
- 09:28 Do you want to live beside the seaside? Sandbanks and Salcombe...
- 09:28 Papa John’s pizza giant to open first shop in Sunderland
- 09:28 The most breathtaking infinity pools in Europe
- 09:27 Edinburgh-based Vialex in growth mode
- 09:25 Quorn linked to dozens of potentially fatal allergic reactions as...
- 09:25 Holyrood won’t approve Brexit bills until ‘broken’ devolution...
- 09:25 The Yorkshire 'chimney' that's the tallest folly in the world
- 09:22 Explosion at rally for new Ethiopian prime minister
- 09:20 It’s bloomin’ lovely... but will judges agree? the judges agree?
- 09:18 Fresh plans to revamp vandal-hit shopping precinct to be submitted...
- 09:17 Cat Deeley and Patrick Kielty welcome second baby boy and reveal...
- 09:16 US military plans migrant tent camps amid Trump crackdown
- 09:15 Everlast gym reveals it will open at Leicester's new Sports Direct...
- 09:13 Latest news from Border Archaeological Society
- 09:13 Lincolnshire County Council wants to hear about your childcare