West Midlands' 'most dangerous pub' to stay shut after appeal fails
The Earl of Dudley Arms on Wellington Road has been closed since last Christmas after police said it had become a ‘stronghold’ for a gang.
The troubled pub was the scene of several violent attacks, including a stabbing.
Its licence was revoked by Dudley Council in February.
The pub’s owners appealed the decision, but magistrates in Dudley have now ruled the Earl of Dudley should stay closed.
The bench said the decision to keep the pub closed was ‘necessary to protect the public’. The ruling appears to have settled the pub’s future for good.
Officers were called to the pub more than 60 times... read more
- 20:29 Arsenal officially congratulate Jack Wilshere for helping...
- 20:25 Crystal Palace 3-0 Southampton
- 20:20 YOUR VIEW: We deserve a lot better from BT
- 20:18 Trump vows 35% tax for US firms that move jobs overseas
- 20:17 WATCH: Second World War veteran tells his incredible story of...
- 20:13 France's Amundi likely winner in bid for UniCredit's Pioneer - sources
- 20:13 California warehouse fire death toll rises to 24
- 20:11 Let there be lights – and lasers – at Hogmanay tribute to 70th...
- 20:10 A far-right populist has just lost the Austrian presidential election
- 20:10 GALLERY: Festive extravaganza in Dalton for Christmas lights switch-on
- 20:09 Strictly dance-off scare as pair foxtrot into semi-final
- 20:09 Everton finally showed the aggression Ronald Koeman wants from them...
- 20:06 Blues legend: This Chelsea star has got his mojo back... he stunned...
- 20:01 Win a Wedding couple tie the knot in Derby
- 20:01 Police officer who put the wrong fuel in vehicle is sacked for...
- 19:58 Marouane Fellaini gets the Twitter treatment after Manchester...
- 19:54 Kerry says would be valuable for Trump to seek advice before calls
- 19:50 Hull City's David Marshall excited to be sharing field with...
- 19:50 Middlesbrough v Hull City match preview, team news, betting tips...
- 19:49 Police close Northumberland road after accident
- 19:49 Trial of Bosnian Serb commander Mladic enters final stage
- 19:48 Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius 'transmits anxiety' through...
- 19:45 Edward VIII would’ve been a ‘useless king’, claims historian
- 19:45 British actor Tony Gardner contracts Zika virus
- 19:45 Name and opening date unveiled for new housing estate on eye former...
- 19:45 BT ‘must improve customer service for broadband users’
- 19:45 Iceland and Iceland at a stalemate over trademark dispute
- 19:44 Sebastian Vettel denies he's in pole position to replace F1...
- 19:41 Polzeath holidaymaker dies after being pulled from sea
- 19:40 Far-right candidate beaten in Austrian presidential vote