West Ham fan spotted watching game with binoculars at the Olympic Stadium
West Ham fans are complaining about the lack of atmosphere at their new Olympic Stadium, but some supporters have bigger things to worry about.
The running track around the pitch means spectators are further away from the action than they were at Upton Park, and for one fan, the distance between himself and the players was just too great.
So to get around the problem, one man sitting in the upper tier for West Ham’s 1-1 draw with Middlesbrough, packed a pair of binoculars to help him keep track of what was going on.
And to give you an idea of how far you are from the pitch, here’s a... read more
- 13:14 Old Swan actress plays Asda mum in Christmas TV ad
- 13:14 Chester Arts Fair to pioneer latest technology at 2016 event
- 13:14 Inquiry launched after woman and toddler hurt by falling glass at...
- 13:12 Aston Villa analysis: The big issues Steve Bruce must consider...
- 13:12 South Tyneside gives go-ahead to Blue Plaque scheme
- 13:12 Exploring the history of Asian soldiers
- 13:11 Lunch raises vital funds for homeless cause
- 13:11 How dogs are really affected by fireworks – and what you can do to...
- 13:09 Restorers uncover the slab that held the body of Jesus Christ for...
- 13:09 Bored, can’t be bothered to exercise and always craving carbs? The...
- 13:09 Could THIS increase life expectancy for cystic fibrosis patients?...
- 13:09 Hospital care is worst at weekends: Patients are 15% more likely to...
- 13:10 Planned roadworks for Yorkshire for the week ahead
- 13:09 A contraceptive jab for men? Injection that lowers sperm count is...
- 13:09 Struggling to lose weight? Find a gym buddy: Friendly competition...
- 13:09 Will southern Spain become a DESERT? Experts predict global warming...
- 13:09 More than half of NHS mental health services fall below the...
- 13:09 Bags of talent at Hartlepool dance festival
- 13:09 Carer plans a heartwarming Hartlepool singalong
- 13:08 Homelessness bill would focus councils on prevention
- 13:08 Planned roadworks for Yorkshire for the week ahead
- 13:08 Seahouses pupils stand up to cancer
- 13:08 Further works on landslip-hit road
- 13:07 Warning over fake WhatsApp messages from Sainsbury’s and Topshop
- 13:07 GP swaps stethoscope for clarinet in European Doctors Orchestra
- 13:06 Has Sophie got the best job in the world?
- 13:05 Hartlepool man left partner bloody and beaten while baby slept...
- 13:05 SNP’s Paul Monaghan pays his brother Mark over 225 hours overtime
- 13:05 Memory match: PNE v Newcastle
- 13:04 Revised plans for controversial parking charges revealed