West Cumbrian man admits violent attack
A man has admitted being responsible for violent attack which left his victim with a fractured ankle.
David Smith, 31, appeared at Carlisle Crown Court today where he pleaded guilty to unlawfully and maliciously causing Patrick Joseph McKenna grievous bodily harm.
This relates to an incident in Workington on January 9 this year.
Judge Peter Hughes QC heard that Smith admitted causing the ankle injury.
But while the prosecution claim this was inflicted by stamping, Smith says he punched Mr McKenna, who was then hurt as he fell to the ground.
Judge Hughes concluded that a... read more
- 10:02 Candle set bedroom on fire in the early hours
- 10:02 England XI to face Lithuania leaked: Defoe to start as Southgate...
- 09:59 Ukip's only MP quits party 'cheerfully and amicably' after spat...
- 09:59 Second fracking public exhibition to be held in Derbyshire village
- 09:58 The staggering amount of motorists posting on social media while...
- 09:58 Andrew Robertson and Josh Tymon wanted by Stoke City and West Ham...
- 09:58 The church column with Father David Standen
- 09:58 Big Interview part two: Tommy Docherty
- 09:55 Gunman shoots 14 people in attack on nightclub in Cincinnati
- 09:55 Moped driver flees after crash and leaves injured passenger behind
- 09:55 Jones Bootmaker sale saves 840 jobs
- 09:52 Yarn explosion to welcome the tour
- 09:51 Scotland to be hotter than Spain and the Canaries as sun comes out...
- 09:51 Lewis Hamilton hits out at new F1 rules, claiming it's WORSE trying...
- 09:51 Millers meet for rare opportunity at Heatherslaw
- 09:50 Hit and run incident: Four-year-old girl remains in critical condition
- 09:45 Terrorist Khalid Masood was a 'violent, controlling psychopath'...
- 09:44 Real Madrid hold positive talks with Chelsea star Eden Hazard
- 09:43 Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard has straight-talking...
- 09:43 Fans pay respects to Carrie Fisher and mother Debbie Reynolds at...
- 09:42 Sex in Thai city frustrates junta
- 09:40 Secret text message ordered the 'lone wolf' to carry out London...
- 09:40 17 things your Derby mum said when you were growing up
- 09:37 Former Celtic boss Martin O'Neill says Seamus Coleman will bounce...
- 09:36 Prince William’s air ambulance nearly hit by drone narrowly...
- 09:35 Children rock their socks for awareness day
- 09:35 Lindal Dip traffic lights to stay until Monday
- 09:35 7 Early warning signs of dementia
- 09:34 Arsenal target Leicester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel as...
- 09:33 Cheryl and Liam Payne have welcomed a baby boy into the world