West coast property boom on the cards following Brexit vote
BRITAIN’S decision to leave the EU will provide an economic boost to the housing market on the west coast of Scotland, experts say.
Oban-based estate agency, Bell Ingram, has reported a significant spike in the number of enquiries from ex-pats and overseas buyers looking to purchase property on the west coast.
The falling value of the British pound against global currencies is thought to be driving the trend as international house buyers seek to take advantage.
READ MORE: Euan McColm: Don’t buy the hard sell for a soft Brexit
Will Banham, of Bell Ingram, said that while foreign-based... read more
- 00:21 Derby firm EightPixelsSquare hoping to score a success with new...
- 00:21 London terrorist attack - Derby man waits for news of his friends...
- 00:20 Germany says its current account surplus will shrink in coming years
- 00:19 Moderate drinkers less likely to suffer from heart problems,...
- 00:19 'Super-obesity' required factor in some cases before weight loss...
- 00:18 Headingley experts set to offer advice
- 00:18 Report reveals NHS failing Down’s syndrome patients
- 00:18 Sarra Hoy becomes premature birth charity ambassador
- 00:16 Triumphs of science fiction’s collective imagination
- 00:16 Much to admire in diva’s biodrama
- 00:16 A Woolf at the door of greatness
- 00:16 Rugby Union: NZ opts out of playing England in November
- 00:16 Bronze confident of beating Fortuna
- 00:16 ILO extends probe into labour laws
- 00:16 Rehabilitating George Bush and Tony Blair
- 00:16 ‘I don’t want no peace, I want rights and justice’
- 00:16 Did Orwell steal from a communist artist?
- 00:16 Labour forces another U-turn
- 00:16 Sudoku 3703 hard
- 00:16 Turkey, al-Qaida and the US all launch fresh offensives
- 00:16 Eurozone chief faces fury over insults
- 00:16 Venezuela: US diplomats ‘seek anti-Maduro allies’
- 00:16 Bosses told to give back job to abused nurse
- 00:16 State pension age could be raised to 70, says report
- 00:16 Teachers from NUT and ATL form super-union
- 00:16 Westminster in Lockdown
- 00:12 Westminster attack death toll rises to five
- 00:11 Arsenal star Nacho Monreal: What I think about Arsene Wenger's future
- 00:11 Coronation Street spoiler: Will David Platt’s secret FINALLY be...
- 00:10 'Solidarity and support': world leaders send wishes after attack in...