West coast property boom on the cards following Brexit vote
BRITAIN’S decision to leave the EU will provide an economic boost to the housing market on the west coast of Scotland, experts say.
Oban-based estate agency, Bell Ingram, has reported a significant spike in the number of enquiries from ex-pats and overseas buyers looking to purchase property on the west coast.
The falling value of the British pound against global currencies is thought to be driving the trend as international house buyers seek to take advantage.
READ MORE: Euan McColm: Don’t buy the hard sell for a soft Brexit
Will Banham, of Bell Ingram, said that while foreign-based... read more
- 17:36 Love, Barack: Obama's letters to college girlfriend unveiled
- 17:36 South Cumbria STEM scientist follows in famous footsteps at...
- 17:35 Manchester United podcast: Super Sterling, Pep vs Jose and can...
- 17:35 Man Utd News: Phil Jones contract talks underway - report
- 17:35 Rafael Nadal stressed and it's because of Roger Federer - David Law
- 17:35 Chorley cabaret night supports Rosemere Cancer Foundation
- 17:35 Support for plans to tackle holiday hunger
- 17:35 Arsenal team news: Debuchy hammered by fans as 'shambolic' defence...
- 17:35 ESPN pundit Moreno slams Chelsea star Cesc Fabregas - he offers...
- 17:35 Asda is selling rose gold glassware and it’s super glam
- 17:35 Liverpool ace: We knew Champions League thrashing of Maribor was...
- 17:34 Penny Lancaster breaks down in tears on Loose Women as she reveals...
- 17:33 Carlisle park 'compass' removed - because of health and safety fears
- 17:32 Man accused of infecting lovers with HIV 'deliberately injured one...
- 17:33 Fashion show to raise money for breast cancer charity
- 17:32 Parents warned over hand foot and mouth disease - these are the...
- 17:32 These are the ten best schools for GCSEs in the West Midlands
- 17:32 Malicious 'false alarm' fire calls on the rise in Birmingham
- 17:32 Police appeal after taxis targeted
- 17:32 Bank customers 'at risk' from authorised payments scams
- 17:32 Biggest new homes plan in Cumbrian village for 50 years: Developers...
- 17:32 Liam Gallagher says Oasis will NOT reform - but he wants to make...
- 17:32 UK braced for Storm Brian weatherbomb as Met Office issues warning
- 17:32 Relief for Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United as Premier...
- 17:32 Flight bound for Birmingham Airport declares mid-air emergency
- 17:32 Birmingham cabbie and baggage handlers plotted to smuggle cocaine...
- 17:32 The Entertainer is opening in Walsall – just in time for Christmas!
- 17:32 Street brawler must pay £365 for being drunk-and-disorderly
- 17:32 Storm Brian 'weather bomb' set to batter parts of UK this...
- 17:32 Seven unusual things to do on a rainy day in Leeds