West Cheshire residents urged to quit smoking during Stoptober
Smokers in west Cheshire are being urged to take up the challenge and quit for good as part of the national Stoptober campaign.
The 28-day quitting challenge – which is back for its fifth year – saw 1,339 people in the borough sign up to quit smoking for good in 2015.
Cheshire West and Chester Council has welcomed the return of the campaign and is encouraging local smokers to join the thousands of people making a change this October for a healthier and wealthier future.
Read More Two hundred West Cheshire people die of lung cancer every year
The campaign has returned with even more free... read more
- 15:58 Tributes planned for Anthony Foley ahead of Munster's cup tie with...
- 15:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: Kolo Toure WILL be ready to face...
- 15:58 Cecilia Ekback wins historical fiction award for first novel Wolf...
- 15:56 Liverpool star sends message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of West Brom clash
- 15:56 UPDATE: Missing nine-year-old found
- 15:55 Pogba Manchester United dream revealed by Chelsea boss Conte
- 15:55 U.S., UK growth data to give steer on monetary policy
- 15:55 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group