West Brom star Darren Fletcher praised for being a footballer without tattoos, a silly haircut and ‘outrageous shoes’
Today’s Premier League footballers tend to get a bad rep – with increasingly outlandish wages, flashy cars and brazen hairdos they are rarely held up as role models.
Step forward West Brom midfielder Darren Fletcher who, as his Scotland boss Gordon Strachan has pointed out, does the job with quiet professionalism – all without wearing ‘outrageous shoes’.
More: Football Watch: One year on, Liverpool are loving life under Jurgen Klopp
Agent: £50m Arsenal target 'will definitely leave' current club next summer
Pogba and Ibrahimovic accused of 'ignoring' their Manchester United team-mates
The... read more
- 00:18 Piglets rescued from fire become firefighters' BBQ
- 00:13 Disturbing rise in sprawling US-style ‘megafarms’ operating in Britain
- 00:13 What to do if you don’t get the GCSE grades you were expecting
- 00:13 What is the acceptable amount to give your children for passing...
- 00:13 Do universities actually look at your GCSE results?
- 00:13 What does it feel like to fail your GCSEs? Let me tell you
- 00:13 What to do if you need to retake your GCSE exams
- 00:11 Virgil Van Dijk met Chelsea without permission before telling...
- 00:11 Arsenal will only intensify Julian Draxler interest if Alexis...
- 00:10 Firefighters battle huge 'suspicious' blaze at Poundland in east...
- 00:10 South Africa: Miners’ union hits out after thugs firebomb homes
- 00:10 UK car production revs up in July
- 00:10 China and Russia denounce US over unilateral sanctions
- 00:10 Food industry warns of Brexit workforce shortage
- 00:10 Rubber bullets fired at Trump rally protesters
- 00:10 Northern transport summit ‘is a fraud’
- 00:10 Argos landed in court over ‘illegal scabbing’
- 00:06 WBC announce creation of ‘Money’ belt for Floyd Mayweather vs...
- 00:06 Ex-England captain Paul Collingwood offered £75k to play for Andy...
- 00:05 High blood pressure: Lowering your reading to THIS could protect...
- 00:05 IBS warning: Bloating and stomach pain could actually be too much...
- 00:05 Dementia risk: Three drinks that could PREVENT memory loss
- 00:05 Concern over 'rapid' rise of drink and drug abuse among the over-50s
- 00:00 Denmark: Torso’s DNA matches that of missing journalist
- 00:00 Yemen: Scores die in air strikes by Saudi forces
- 00:00 South Korea: Seoul shuns US calls for trade revision
- 00:00 CWU joins Momentum’s bid to deliver Tory losses
- 00:00 Tory MP slammed for racism
- 00:00 Finsbury Park Mosque: Victims of van attack still in hospital
- 00:00 Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 2: New reveal confirms Black Manta date...