Welsh Tory leader vows to ‘make breakfast a success’ in Brexit Freudian slip
‘Mark my words – we WILL make breakfast … brexit a success!’
That was the inspirational vow from the Welsh Tory leader this morning, in an unfortunate Freudian slip that made everyone wonder if he’d had his Weetabix before speaking.
In a speech to the Conservative conference in Birmingham, Andrew RT Davies quickly corrected himself after calling for a triumphant morning meal.
But the damage was done, and tweets poured down in response like cold milk on a bowl of Frosties.
- 04:11 The UK Christmas retail winners and losers
- 04:11 Tough Christmas for retailers as shoppers feel the squeeze
- 03:53 OPINION: Rowett’s departure was a Rams’ first for many years
- 03:47 'In tears': Irish expats in Australia celebrate after long-distance...
- 03:33 North Korea-US summit on track, says Moon, after candid talks with...
- 03:16 Famous Russian painting of Ivan the Terrible 'seriously damaged' in...
- 03:00 Top 10 places for nightlife in Austin
- 02:55 Coronation Street wild child Alex Bain, 16, is bombarded with abuse...
- 02:55 Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry exit romantic London dinner date as...
- 02:55 EastEnders SPOILER: Distraught Carmel Kazemi comes face-to-face...
- 02:55 George Michael's ex joins bitter battle for a slice of singer's...
- 02:55 Jonny Wilkinson to become a dad for the first time as he reveals...
- 02:55 Paloma Faith debuts her new mustard tresses as she sparkles in...
- 02:52 In pictures: 'Spectacular' lightning strikes parts of UK
- 02:38 ‘Look at what we’re doing’: Grayling comes out fighting on Northern...
- 02:35 First colleges to teach new vocational T-levels to be named
- 02:27 Tomorrow's cities: Google's Toronto city built 'from the internet up'
- 02:10 Last-wicket defiance was not enough
- 01:58 Child support debts: record number of parents prevented from...
- 01:58 Egypt blocks YouTube over film denigrating prophet Muhammad
- 01:56 A troublesome resident has been jailed after he breached an...
- 01:54 How convenience stores are surviving the retail storm
- 01:50 National Australia Bank says it will compensate customers for...
- 01:47 How Merlin star Colin Morgan is returning to his Irish roots
- 01:44 The blame game: Getting divorced in the UK
- 01:27 Busking joins cashless society as musicians start using card readers
- 01:27 England could get new national parks as Gove launches review
- 01:17 Takata airbag recall: ACCC adds another 1.1 million vehicles to list
- 01:17 Anthony Martial opens talks with Manchester United over a new contract
- 01:11 Scottish Affairs Committee criticises RBS bank closures