Wells Fargo's CEO pay clawback puts Wall Street executives on notice
Wells Fargo & Co's (WFC.N) unprecedented move to strip Chief Executive John Stumpf of $41 million in stock awards has sent a chill through Wall Street with bankers fearful that a hardening political climate against corporate wrongdoing will encourage boards to be more aggressive about making them forfeit pay.
A sales practices scandal at Wells Fargo, where some of its employees opened as many as 2 million accounts without customers' knowledge to hit sales targets, could not have come at a worse time for the wider industry with politicians in Washington reviewing new rules on bank... read more
- 17:27 ‘He’s going to get us all killed!’ Michael Moore in bizarre rant...
- 17:26 Man suffers head injuries on dramatic night in Lincolnshire town
- 17:26 The artists who turn light bulbs, spanners and cheese into CHOCOLATE
- 17:26 Tributes to Sir Bruce Forsyth who has died aged 89
- 17:25 America's default debt risk TWICE as high as Germany
- 17:25 Arsenal news: Alexis Sanchez won’t play his best unless he signs...
- 17:24 Newcastle boss Rafa Benitez warns Jonjo Shelvey his future depends...
- 17:22 Toxic columnist Katie Hopkins told Plaid leader Leanne Wood to 'get...
- 17:21 TV Veteran Sir Bruce Forsyth has died
- 17:20 Operation Trancepark: Police make nine arrests in Huddersfield
- 17:20 Man who kicked dog in the face in viral footage is NOT the real owner
- 17:19 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Man Utd to allow transfer next summer...
- 17:16 Missing man found safe and well
- 17:15 BREAKING: Sir Bruce Forsyth, veteran entertainer and star of...
- 17:14 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp angry at Ousmane Dembele for leaving...
- 17:13 From Three Lions to Sven, Sven, Sven: Can YOU name the famous...
- 17:13 Frank Lampard unveiled as BT Sport pundit with humorous dig at...
- 17:13 Sir Bruce Forsyth dies aged 89 after a lengthy illness, his...
- 17:13 Teaching assistant raped woman then begged her not to tell police
- 17:12 Arsenal confirm Gabriel Paulista has completed £10m Valencia transfer
- 17:11 Three-year-old boy, his mother and her uncle among victims of...
- 17:07 Man killed and another hurt in stabbing in Germany
- 17:07 This is what happened when I went vegan for a month
- 17:07 Man caught by paedophile hunter while trying to meet girl, 14
- 17:07 Which parts of the city will get bin collections next week
- 17:06 Showbiz star Sir Bruce Forsyth dies aged 89 surrounded by his family
- 17:06 Adams thrilled by Town’s impressive start to the season
- 17:05 Residents accuse council of doing a 'half job' as they only partly...
- 17:02 Rugby World Cup: Another rout for England to secure place in semis
- 17:02 FA must come clean over ‘hush money’