Weekend Edition: The week's best reads
It's been a year since Nicola Benyahia received the news about her son's death. Rasheed, a 19-year-old engineering apprentice from Birmingham, had left Britain and travelled to Syria to join the self-styled Islamic State group - a journey from which he never returned. But what made him go, and how can other young Muslims be dissuaded from following him? "We call what happened to Rasheed radicalisation, but it is very similar to grooming," says Nicola. "His softer nature and that vulnerability was manipulated on the back of an idea: 'This is the caliphate and if you don't do... read more
- 09:20 In-demand midfielder appears to confirm Manchester United transfer
- 09:20 Burglars targeting two Sheffield suburbs in crime wave
- 09:20 Mobile phone snatched from delivery company
- 09:20 New car park opens in Crowle as part of regeneration plans
- 09:20 Neighbours star Little aims for large panto success at Palace Theatre
- 09:19 Work on £52,000 skate park nearing completion
- 09:19 South Yorkshire blinded military hero makes second attempt to reach...
- 09:19 Rangers prodigy Billy Gilmour a summer target for Chelsea - but...
- 09:19 VOTE: Have PNE left themselves with too much to do?
- 09:18 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:18 Meet Nottingham lawyer whose brother-in-law Nick Wright scored one...
- 09:18 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:17 Richard Branson makes THIS shocking Dragon's Den confession
- 09:17 WEATHER ALERT: Beware foggy conditions
- 09:17 AA full-year core profit steady, new business up
- 09:17 Fears Brits could lose £1.1bn in spare change by forgetting to swap...
- 09:17 Coventry City and Charlton Athletic fans to team up for joint...
- 09:17 Elderly man taken to hospital after fire at Norman Hudson Care Home...
- 09:17 Roads are now in terminal decline, new report claims
- 09:16 South Yorkshire residents could no longer get access to...
- 09:16 New Zealand coach issues injury update on Leeds star Chris Wood,...
- 09:16 Chelsea transfer decision to be made in next fortnight, steep fee...
- 09:15 Cumbrian family take brain tumour campaign to Westminster
- 09:15 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 09:14 Berlin airport ground staff agree pay deal after strikes - union
- 09:13 Cheshire West and Chester Fairtrade Fortnight is a big hit with...
- 09:13 ‘Thousands of pupils at risk’ over lack of proper school health plan
- 09:13 Nick Clegg accuses Government of ‘clipping Parliament’s wings’ with...
- 09:12 Over 150 people have complained to Ofcom about the BBC’s Red Nose...
- 09:11 South Yorkshire volunteers need for Guide Dogs charity