Web archive plans Trump-proof Canada back-up
The Internet Archive, which stores copies of billions of websites, says it will keep a back-up in Canada following Donald Trump's US election victory.
The US-based organisation said the Trump administration was a "firm reminder" that it needed to adapt.
The organisation archives 300 million websites every week, but said it was preparing for "a web that may face greater restrictions".
But it has admitted that storing a copy in Canada would cost "millions".
The Internet Archive is a huge record of websites, books, audio and software that can be browsed free of... read more
- 20:13 France's Amundi likely winner in bid for UniCredit's Pioneer - sources
- 20:13 California warehouse fire death toll rises to 24
- 20:11 Let there be lights – and lasers – at Hogmanay tribute to 70th...
- 20:10 A far-right populist has just lost the Austrian presidential election
- 20:10 GALLERY: Festive extravaganza in Dalton for Christmas lights switch-on
- 20:09 Strictly dance-off scare as pair foxtrot into semi-final
- 20:09 Everton finally showed the aggression Ronald Koeman wants from them...
- 20:06 Blues legend: This Chelsea star has got his mojo back... he stunned...
- 20:01 Win a Wedding couple tie the knot in Derby
- 20:01 Police officer who put the wrong fuel in vehicle is sacked for...
- 19:58 Marouane Fellaini gets the Twitter treatment after Manchester...
- 19:54 Kerry says would be valuable for Trump to seek advice before calls
- 19:50 Hull City's David Marshall excited to be sharing field with...
- 19:50 Middlesbrough v Hull City match preview, team news, betting tips...
- 19:49 Police close Northumberland road after accident
- 19:49 Trial of Bosnian Serb commander Mladic enters final stage
- 19:48 Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius 'transmits anxiety' through...
- 19:45 Edward VIII would’ve been a ‘useless king’, claims historian
- 19:45 British actor Tony Gardner contracts Zika virus
- 19:45 Name and opening date unveiled for new housing estate on eye former...
- 19:45 BT ‘must improve customer service for broadband users’
- 19:45 Iceland and Iceland at a stalemate over trademark dispute
- 19:44 Sebastian Vettel denies he's in pole position to replace F1...
- 19:41 Polzeath holidaymaker dies after being pulled from sea
- 19:40 Far-right candidate beaten in Austrian presidential vote
- 19:38 Foul or dive? Do these pictures prove Marouane Fellaini deserved to...
- 19:37 Five fire crews tackle 'massive' blaze in Bridgnorth town centre
- 19:35 The poor French Bulldogs found in shocking condition in a park
- 19:33 We never wanted Manchester United’s Marouane Fellaini near our box,...
- 19:26 Cameras are monitoring your speed on these 32 Derbyshire roads