Wealth of people in their 30s has 'halved in a decade'
People in their early 30s are only half as wealthy as those now in their 40s were at the same age, a report finds.
Today's 30-something generation has missed out on house price increases and better pensions, according to research by the Institute for Fiscal Studies.
Those born in the early 1980s have an average wealth of £27,000 each, against the £53,000 those born in the 1970s had by the same age, said the IFS.
They will also find it harder to amass wealth in the future, it added.
The think tank found that people born in the early 1980s were the first post-war group not to have higher... read more
- 16:33 Man jailed after trying to import child-like sex doll into UK...
- 16:33 Europe faces Herculean challenge to develop new fighter jet
- 16:33 ‘He was my life’ - widow tributes to the ‘Cleveleys Cowboy’
- 16:32 Rangers and Celtic supporters clash over new Ibrox kit deal and...
- 16:32 Has hot newcomer Tyla turned Kem's attention away from Amber?
- 16:32 Sicily's cornered Mafia primed for reversal of fortune
- 16:32 Dean Gaffney gets road ban for refusing to say who drove his...
- 16:31 'I saw the fear in my mum's eyes': Daughter joins campaign for...
- 16:31 TrumpWatch: It’s all over for Ossoff
- 16:31 Cumbrian volunteers sought for migraine device trial
- 16:31 Plan for 22 homes in West Cumbrian village set to get go-ahead
- 16:31 Asda swimming costume showing Disney's Little Mermaid topless is...
- 16:30 Police appeal to find registered sex offender wanted in connection...
- 16:29 The Tube is getting a fabulous Pride make over to support...
- 16:28 Appeal for witnesses after unprovoked assault in Leamington
- 16:27 Trump casts doubt on special counsel Mueller's impartiality
- 16:27 Bootle man defends himself with umbrella after being attacked by...
- 16:27 Cladding to be removed from NINE Salford tower blocks after...
- 16:27 VIDEO: Everything you need to know about Snapchat's new location...
- 16:27 No end to terror threat says county's chief constable
- 16:26 If EU shirks bad bank, then national blueprints needed, watchdog says
- 16:27 CCTV picture released after alleged Rotherham sexual assault
- 16:26 EU promises tough line on U.S., China while pushing for free trade
- 16:26 UK weather: Temperatures to plummet as Britain will be colder than...
- 16:25 Stop pressuring me to have sex on my honeymoon
- 16:25 Just how did a set of Coventry DeLorean engineering drawings end up...
- 16:25 Cameras roll on a moment of English history
- 16:25 Dozens killed in Pakistan bomb attacks
- 16:25 Paedophile jailed for eight years for abusing young boy in Halifax...
- 16:25 Lucas Lima to Barcelona: Neymar welcomes Santos midfielder transfer