Weak pound drives strong UK sales for luxury brand Burberry
British luxury fashion label Burberry reported a better-than-expected rise in second-quarter retail sales after tourists flocked to its London stores to take advantage of the weaker pound, boosting sales in its home market by 30 percent.
The company said positive trading in Europe and a "significant out performance in the UK" helped it generate a 2 percent rise in comparable retail sales, its first growth in the measure for four quarters.
Burberry has been one of the best performing stocks since Britain voted to leave the European Union on June 23, helped by the weaker pound. Its... read more
- 00:21 Zlatan Ibrahimovic could have 'too much mentality' for Romelu...
- 00:21 Antoine Griezmann rules out January move as Barcelona and Real...
- 00:20 G4S orders independent inquiry into immigration centre staff
- 00:18 Police appeal to find missing Coventry football player
- 00:16 Chancellor Phillip Hammond offers cut-price rail fares in a bid to...
- 00:15 Star Wars 8 The Last Jedi LEAK: New descriptions reveal PLOT SPOILERS?
- 00:14 Conor McGregor: Oscar De La Hoya issues another challenge to UFC star
- 00:13 Peter Crouch makes record Premier League substitute appearance as...
- 00:13 Asos to launch its Same Day Delivery service in Leeds today
- 00:12 New health ALERT: Statins raise risk of diabetes by 30%
- 00:09 Root's men ready for Oz showdown
- 00:08 Pope Francis calls for police to show drivers 'mercy'
- 00:08 Budget: Philip Hammond makes pitch for the youth vote with student...
- 00:04 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Shirley Ballas SLAMMED by relative -...
- 00:03 Jamie Bhatti escapes from the abattoir and the police to...
- 00:03 “Terrific” newcomers helping Scotland over injury list this Autumn
- 00:01 Rage and chaos as stumbling Mugabe still clings to power
- 00:01 Album review: Gill Landry
- 00:01 Album review: Beans on Toast
- 00:02 Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane demands more from misfiring star...
- 00:01 Men's Rugby Union: Gatland relishing this weekend's reunion with...
- 00:01 Men's Rugby League: Hall happy to play the supporting role in the...
- 00:01 Coleman, the manager Sunderland want but don’t need
- 00:01 Spycops' names must be revealed
- 00:01 Germany: Fellow leaders left twitchy as Merkel fails to settle...
- 00:01 PAPUA NEW GUINEA: Villagers flee battle with separatists at gold mine
- 00:01 CHILE: Indigenous campaigners fear win for rightwinger
- 00:01 Unions dismiss government's 'pre-Budget gimmick' on transport
- 00:01 PM 'putting Lauri Love's life at risk'
- 00:01 Pay cap hits spending by £8.5 billion a year, says TUC