Weak pound drives strong UK sales for luxury brand Burberry
British luxury fashion label Burberry reported a better-than-expected rise in second-quarter retail sales after tourists flocked to its London stores to take advantage of the weaker pound, boosting sales in its home market by 30 percent.
The company said positive trading in Europe and a "significant out performance in the UK" helped it generate a 2 percent rise in comparable retail sales, its first growth in the measure for four quarters.
Burberry has been one of the best performing stocks since Britain voted to leave the European Union on June 23, helped by the weaker pound. Its... read more
- 15:29 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:28 This is what the Brexit Supreme Court decision actually means
- 15:28 Anglesey paedophile jailed again after being caught in young girl's...
- 15:28 Harborough travel firm to ‘double in size’
- 15:27 Massachusetts mattress conceals $20m in cash
- 15:27 Aston Villa: This is how soon top scorer Jonathan Kodjia could be back
- 15:27 Liam Payne narrowly avoids GUNMAN at Hollywood nightclub shooting
- 15:27 Birmingham Moseley decision throws up some difficult questions
- 15:25 Ethical hackers head to Dundee for Securi-Tay
- 15:25 Flying visit to Banbury for famous steam engine
- 15:25 Twitter backlash as Trump signs anti-abortion law in one of first...
- 15:25 Fresh Tube strikes to hit London from tomorrow
- 15:25 Man with world’s biggest penis – 19 inches – could be appearing in...
- 15:25 Chelsea eyeing Diego Lopez and Tim Krul as Asmir Begovic nears...
- 15:24 'I heard them scream that they were on fire': Flight director who...
- 15:24 Did an earthquake in Nepal knock an inch off Everest? Doubts over...
- 15:24 Driving standing up conviction for tall Newcastle man
- 15:24 Peta calls for Scotland’s last elephant to be moved to sanctuary
- 15:22 Woman beaten and robbed after dropping children off at school
- 15:22 Government loses Supreme Court Brexit battle
- 15:22 Burton Albion transfer news: Nigel Clough waiting on two loan...
- 15:22 Mohamed Elneny wants to become a legend at Arsenal like Thierry Henry
- 15:22 Dancer celebrates her 100th birthday
- 15:22 John Brayford won't rely on luck as Burton Albion look to turn...
- 15:21 Melton variety night show raises over £900 for Rainbows
- 15:20 Troll says he’s ‘glad’ former Man City ballboy, 19, died from cancer
- 15:19 We don’t want to alarm anyone, but they’ve invented a bacon toaster
- 15:19 This young couple saved up to travel the world by giving up their...
- 15:19 Asda go the extra mile with 10k support
- 15:19 Well known jeweller was a real gem of a lady