‘We will face revenge’ Viktor Orban warming up for battle with Brussels over referendum
The Hungarian Prime Minister fired a warning shot this morning after 98% of voters backed him at the ballot box, rejecting EU migrant quotas.
Officially, the vote is invalid as only 43 per cent turned out to cast a vote - and 50% was needed.
But a jubilant Orban is taking the result as a victory of the political elite.
Viktor Orban told Parliament on Monday morning he is ready to go toe-to-two with the elite in Brussels.
He said: ""No party since 1999 has ever been given such a support that the Hungarian governing party got yesterday. This support is binding; we won’t let anyone... read more
- 11:42 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:42 Ultra-green Westleigh housing scheme triumphs
- 11:41 Inflammatory bowel disease - seven things YOU didn't known about...
- 11:41 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:41 There is still time to register to vote by post for the General...
- 11:41 Sunny start for Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival
- 11:41 Woman escapes uninjured from dramatic crash thanks to seat belt
- 11:41 Nuneaton school forced to close after fire on site
- 11:40 Man City USA tour fixtures and dates
- 11:40 Chelsea legend Pat Nevin urges Antonio Conte to complete Kieran...
- 11:40 Will tonight's Take That show at Echo Arena Liverpool go ahead?
- 11:40 Letters - May 18, 2017
- 11:39 Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon deserves to win the Ballon...
- 11:39 Ajax were Europe's dominant force in the mid-1990s... but then the...
- 11:39 Northumbria Police set to review policing of upcoming North East...
- 11:39 Tottenham step up demolition job on historic White Hart Lane as...
- 11:39 Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah relishing 'extra...
- 11:39 Antonio Conte: Chelsea boss poses with Sir Alex Ferguson after...
- 11:39 Manchester United stars hold minute's silence for victims of terror...
- 11:39 Castle’s a pretty picture - but at what cost to wildlife?
- 11:39 Cyber attack ‘highly likely’ in UK election
- 11:39 Sunny start for Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival
- 11:39 New Rugby mayor Garcia sworn in at town hall
- 11:38 Manchester terror attack: Ashton Hayes family who were at concert...
- 11:38 Lancaster student, 17, relives Manchester Arena explosion
- 11:37 Half a glass of wine a day can ‘increase breast cancer risk’
- 11:37 CCTV images released after 'terrifying' arson attack in Keighley
- 11:37 Plea for volunteers to survey Yorkshire Dales’ bumblebees
- 11:37 SNP will go for minority administration in Edinburgh
- 11:37 PM: Attacker chose time and place with “cold calculation”