We should be ashamed of what we’re doing to Britain’s children
A society should be judged by how it treats its children. A country that fails to invest in its children is imperilling its future. And that’s why we should all be alarmed by the crisis of mental health among Britain’s girls and boys – and the chronic lack of support to overcome it.
Quarter of a million children receiving mental health care in England Read more Nearly a quarter of a million young people are receiving specialist health care for mental distress, ranging from depression to eating disorders. Disturbingly, it is a crisis that is getting worse: Childline reports a doubling in... read more
- 09:02 Manchester United vs Southampton, EFL Cup final High Court: Which...
- 09:02 WATCH: 10 of the most viewed Storm Doris videos
- 09:01 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 08:59 Muhammad Ali’s son detained by immigration staff and repeatedly...
- 08:59 Toothless Michael Wright who roams Pearson Park wanted by police
- 08:58 The night Foo Fighters played Sheffield Arena
- 08:56 Councillors argue over almost 5% increase in tax bills
- 08:56 Grimsby Town will strive to find the right balance in League Two...
- 08:56 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot says his Mariners have the X-Factor...
- 08:56 Selfless YMCA volunteer took fatal overdose
- 08:54 Troubled Black Country bar fails to sell at auction
- 08:54 'I was that big, I could steer the bus with my belly': Driver John...
- 08:54 Chipperfield's Circus to keep lions at farm after vets give all-clear
- 08:54 Dozens of jobs for Walsall as Iceland plans new 'food warehouse'
- 08:53 £12,000 worth of outdoor clothing stolen from Lincolnshire business
- 08:53 Cabbie is sick of fines issued in error at McDonalds car park in...
- 08:53 Jurgen Klopp: Liverpool will sack me like Claudio Ranieri if I...
- 08:52 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:50 The Conservation Volunteers are helping bring more woodland to West...
- 08:50 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Saturday February 25
- 08:49 Swansea boss Paul Clement sends warning to Chelsea ahead of Premier...
- 08:48 Newcastle is UK’s most sleep deprived city
- 08:48 The ruinous effects of sly late payments
- 08:48 GPs sought to work in ambulance call centre
- 08:48 Funding stream supporting young people ends
- 08:48 Concerns over doorstep lenders
- 08:48 Work to rejuvenate estate nears completion
- 08:48 Drop-in event to highlight apprenticeship changes
- 08:48 Ashington win nine-goal thriller against Guisborough with last...
- 08:48 Jobs fair to be held at business park