'We're on our way to Wembley': Coventry City fans react to Chekatrade Trophy win against Northampton Town
Coventry City qualified for the knockout stages of the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday night, after beating Northampton Town 2-1.
The game got off to a frantic start and Dan Agyei gave the hosts the lead after 20 seconds with a fine solo effort. But just a minute later, the Cobblers equalised through Marc Richards straight from the restart.
In an end-to-end opening few minutes both sides carved out chances on goal, but City gained the advantage again in the eighth minute, after Jodi Jones tucked away a neat move.
Jones was constant threat for the Sky Blues, and he will have done his chances... read more
- 09:42 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:42 Sports facility reopens after major refurbishment
- 09:42 Comic Relief end of night total REVEALED but Red Nose Day viewers...
- 09:41 Easter theatre fun for youngsters
- 09:41 Jeremy McConnell returns to Instagram as Ex on the Beach rumours...
- 09:41 Passionate performance by Japanese pianist
- 09:41 DR Congo unrest: Why have 10 mass graves been found in Kasai?
- 09:41 Town in top five for food hygiene improvements
- 09:41 Fernando Alonso admits McLaren might struggle to finish Australian...
- 09:41 What are Scotland's chances of qualifying for the 2018 World Cup? -...
- 09:41 7 Expert tips for cutting sugar the sensible way
- 09:41 South Lakes weather for Saturday March 25
- 09:41 Barrow's emergency services pay their respects as nation mourns...
- 09:41 Patrons back bid to buy and renovate Cumbrian poet's Millom home
- 09:40 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:39 Hundreds of homes approved in Wyre
- 09:38 Britain's poorest, excluded from banking, turn to high-cost credit...
- 09:38 People kill sheep, strip naked and chain themselves together at...
- 09:38 London attacker Khalid Masood ‘rowed with ex after convincing...
- 09:37 Gomersal U15s show heart in Blackburn Cup final loss
- 09:37 Tour de Yorkshire spectacle to showcase the town
- 09:36 How many new homes could be built in north east Derbyshire in the...
- 09:35 The Electric Bar and Restaurant third birthday
- 09:35 Lincoln City v Forest Green Rovers LIVE - the top-of-table clash as...
- 09:34 Three charged with conspiracy to commit robbery in Nottinghamshire
- 09:34 University of Sunderland students get guide dogs visitors
- 09:34 Tragic death of Sunderland ‘gentle giant’ after accidentally taking...
- 09:34 Branching west from the wooded den
- 09:33 US and UK laptop bans on some Middle East flights come into effect
- 09:32 Westminster attack: Fears terrorist groomed to extremism ‘behind bars’