‘We need it, don’t close it’ plea over Telford A&E
0 Comments Don Lloyd, 72, from Hadley, said: “The hospital is a thing that is required, so why close it? I had a collapsed lung and I was rushed into hospital for medical assistance. If I hadn’t got there when I did I’d have passed away.
“If I’d have had to travel 40 or 50 minutes down the road, I wouldn’t be stood here now.
“Never mind cutbacks – they need to find other things to shut down.
“Telford is getting bigger all the time. It’s disgusting that they would close down our A&E department. It’s disgusting that they would even think about it.”
What do you think? Share your thoughts... read more
- 12:47 Manchester United signing Mkhitaryan confused and unhappy at...
- 12:46 Five taken to hospital after double-decker party bus collides with...
- 12:45 Royal Crown Derby ornaments stolen from Littleover house including...
- 12:45 12 photos which show people in Derby dress to impress in autumn
- 12:44 The ultimate pub crawl has been mapped out so let’s get hammered
- 12:43 Thailand presses Google over online royal insults
- 12:41 Bangladesh v England Day Three Debrief: Ben Stokes masterclass puts...
- 12:41 Young DJ has sights set on being next James Corden
- 12:39 Jose Mourinho's time at Chelsea will never be forgotten... but he...
- 12:38 Are Scunthorpe's pharmacies under threat?
- 12:32 Police make arrest after 37-year-old man found in city street with...
- 12:31 Laws to protect The Stray to be substantially changed to hold more...
- 12:31 Photographer spends days on bridges to capture street vendors...
- 12:31 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:29 Arsene Wenger mocked in post sent from official Arsenal account
- 12:28 Church set to reopen after £200,000 facelift - just in time for...
- 12:28 Prescription budget should be met despite pressure points
- 12:28 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:28 Clark unveils £4m plan to boost number of electric trucks in UK
- 12:28 Cumberbatch hails 'true superheroes' at charity awards
- 12:28 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:27 £15m boost for cancer charities
- 12:26 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:25 Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere has Premier League’s best passing...
- 12:23 King’s Mill bosses step aside after merger delays
- 12:22 Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewellery store
- 12:22 Protecting those who protect us...
- 12:21 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:21 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:21 Break-ins in the Vale of Belvoir