‘We need it, don’t close it’ plea over Telford A&E
0 Comments Don Lloyd, 72, from Hadley, said: “The hospital is a thing that is required, so why close it? I had a collapsed lung and I was rushed into hospital for medical assistance. If I hadn’t got there when I did I’d have passed away.
“If I’d have had to travel 40 or 50 minutes down the road, I wouldn’t be stood here now.
“Never mind cutbacks – they need to find other things to shut down.
“Telford is getting bigger all the time. It’s disgusting that they would close down our A&E department. It’s disgusting that they would even think about it.”
What do you think? Share your thoughts... read more
- 00:13 We Won’t Let the Racists Divide Us
- 00:13 Ziggy Stardust drummer 'expects to see Bowie on stage' when playing...
- 00:13 Theatre reviews: An American In Paris and The Kid Stays In The Picture
- 00:13 Snow set to blanket parts of the North
- 00:13 Book reviews: Exit West, Birdcage Walk and more
- 00:13 10cc's Graham Gouldman: My six best albums
- 00:13 Sharpe novels author Bernard Cornwell: My six best books
- 00:10 Graham Rowntree relishing Lions Tour after England axe: It's...
- 00:07 Powder which sparked major operation in Moray was sent from a...
- 00:05 Japan: Abe ‘lied’ about bungs to fascist school, says head
- 00:05 Ukraine: Putin critic who fled to Kiev ‘killed by Moscow’
- 00:05 Afghanistan: Taliban fighters take key part of Helmand
- 00:05 44 Scotland Street: Waiting for Godot
- 00:05 Praise for public service heroes’ terror response
- 00:05 State-owned banks turn backs on public
- 00:05 Britain ‘in relegation zone’ for new mums
- 00:03 Campaigners call for Trump rival to rethink Highland course
- 00:03 Chief medical officer calls to improvements in cancer care
- 00:03 Police officer took charge of firearms incident ‘from home’
- 00:02 West Ham manager Slaven Bilic must stop his side's Premier League...
- 00:02 The 50 best young players in European football... Sportsmail...
- 00:01 Rugby league and swimming given £10m lottery grant
- 00:01 Devin Townsend Project
- 00:01 Hidden history revealed
- 00:01 Southgate accepts ‘fairytale’ loss at the hands of Germany
- 00:01 Fallen police officer to be honoured at Charlton
- 00:01 Hamilton: Ferrari are F1 ‘favourites’
- 00:01 The party of the crony capitalists
- 00:01 Osborne’s appointment is a crisis for democracy
- 00:01 Archaeopteryx takes to the skies