‘We need it, don’t close it’ plea over Telford A&E
0 Comments Don Lloyd, 72, from Hadley, said: “The hospital is a thing that is required, so why close it? I had a collapsed lung and I was rushed into hospital for medical assistance. If I hadn’t got there when I did I’d have passed away.
“If I’d have had to travel 40 or 50 minutes down the road, I wouldn’t be stood here now.
“Never mind cutbacks – they need to find other things to shut down.
“Telford is getting bigger all the time. It’s disgusting that they would close down our A&E department. It’s disgusting that they would even think about it.”
What do you think? Share your thoughts... read more
- 05:13 Man charged with possession of more than 70,000 indecent images of...
- 05:13 Danny Cowley insists rotating Lincoln City squad for FA Trophy is...
- 05:12 Storm Doris winds reach 87mph as it hits UK
- 05:11 Striker discusses Leeds United transfer: They know what I can do
- 05:11 Why you eat the same lunch every day at work for months on end
- 05:07 New homes across Derbyshire are being built on land at risk of...
- 05:04 South Yorkshire dementia charity is all fired up and ready to go
- 05:04 Northern Powerhouse Minister to speak at major conference on how...
- 05:02 Confident Colby Bishop believes he can have a bright future at...
- 05:01 Man United legend Roy Keane blasts Jose Mourinho over recent change
- 05:00 Pauline Neville-Jones: Brexit must leave the country united
- 05:00 Melody Redman: Don’t drive away EU medics who keep our NHS afloat
- 04:58 Arsene Wenger to Real Madrid: Arsenal boss was made aware of interest
- 04:58 SE Asia Stocks-Largely flat; Fed wary on U.S. policy uncertainty
- 04:55 School days 'could be shortened' to save money at seven schools
- 04:53 Cuba says it foiled plot to destabilise country, slams dissidents...
- 04:51 Jonathan Rea confident of winning start in Australia season opener
- 04:51 Man United legend Roy Keane warns Wayne Rooney over China switch
- 04:50 Last chance to sign up for the Great British Spring Clean
- 04:46 Overwatch Reddit told Blizzard revealed concepts do not include new...
- 04:40 Roy Keane: My thoughts on this big Manchester United transfer decision
- 04:32 Man United's Zlatan Ibrahimovic sick of drama between Conor...
- 04:31 Premier League star on Arsenal transfer: This is my view now
- 04:25 Riseholme College receives 'good' Ofsted rating
- 04:24 Hong Kong police hold rally to support officers jailed for assault
- 04:24 Kim Jong-nam killing: North Korea condemns Malaysia
- 04:23 ‘We will give Trump a strong SLAP IN THE FACE’ Iran issues CHILLING...
- 04:23 Jose Mourinho wants to bring Brazil midfielder to Man United: He's...
- 04:19 Japan's crown prince says will model himself after father as emperor
- 04:16 Manchester United to face off against fierce rivals this summer