‘We'll be TOUGH on UK’! EU Brexit negotiator vows to go on ‘OFFENSIVE’ against Theresa May
Guy Verhofstadt, who is among seven candidates to replace Martin Schulz as president of the European Parliament, said he would draw a “red line” over negotiations with Theresa May and her Brexit ministers.
Speaking in Brussels tonight, he said he would do anything to prevent Britain being “better out than in”.
The former Belgian Prime Minister said: “Parliament will indicate what red lines will be in the negotiations. It’s going to be tough and also very hard to have a green light.
“It cannot be a situation about you’re better out than in. Parliament has to be linked to these negotiations... read more
- 13:42 Search on for best talent in Daventry
- 13:42 Fun and flavour at Althorp Food and Drink Festival
- 13:42 What’s up choc? Warning as bunny falls ill from scoffing sweet treat
- 13:41 Atletico Madrid team-mate opens up on Antoine Griezmann to Man...
- 13:41 Liverpool clear favourites to beat Chelsea and Man United to Real...
- 13:41 Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock jumps into boyfriend Andre...
- 13:41 Coastguard paged to rescue dog
- 13:41 Drone that flies WITHOUT a human pilot has been given permission to...
- 13:41 Just ONE injection of stem cells from a man's stomach could be a...
- 13:41 Syria's Raqqa expected to join Kurdish-led federalism - Kurdish leader
- 13:40 Police 'concerned' over missing Scarborough teen
- 13:40 Millions of energy customers could roll back bills to 2008 prices
- 13:40 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:39 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...
- 13:39 Video: Could you be the right person to help monitor cells at West...
- 13:39 Come and have a dance at the ceilidh
- 13:39 Mum’s the Word
- 13:38 Inquiry launched into 'unsustainable' nuclear decommissioning contract
- 13:38 Notorious Carlisle nuisance back behind bars
- 13:38 ‘I can’t accept it. It’s not right. It should never have happened.’
- 13:38 Volunteers recognised for helping vulnerable young families in Burton
- 13:37 St Joseph's Primary Academy gets colourful for Holi Festival
- 13:37 Potholes nightmare: Is this Harrogate's worst road?
- 13:36 Morrisons and Sainsbury’s latest to cut price of petrol as...
- 13:36 Two Rugby schools set to form multi-academy trust
- 13:36 Heartbroken Sheffield make-up artist's big fundraiser after losing...
- 13:36 Hot Dudes With Dogs is an Instagram account we can all totally get...
- 13:36 Man helped fearsome blackmailer stay on the run from police
- 13:35 Soon babies could get 5 in 1 vaccination from birth
- 13:35 Yorkshire weather: Cloudy skies bring an end to our all-too-brief...