Wayne Rooney breaks Manchester United's European goal record with strike against Feyenoord
Rooney opened the scoring after 35 minutes with a neat dinked finish after he was slipped in by Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
He now has 39 European goals and moves ahead of Ruud van Nistelrooy who scored 38.
It was the 31-year-old’s first goal since the controversy over pictures of him looking worse for wear on England duty emerged.
It was just his third goal of the season and his first since the last Europa League tie against Fenerbahce.
Rooney is now just one behind Sir Bobby Charlton’s record of 249 club goals.
Related articles Why Man United are making the right decision with Zlatan Ibrahimovic... read more
- 16:22 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:20 Dear Reader: We need real affordable housing + my spell in A&E
- 16:19 Cable theft in Bardney
- 16:19 WIN! Family ticket to Gulliver’s Easter Extravaganza
- 16:19 Cost of finding temporary accommodation for homeless people going down
- 16:19 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:19 Family of murdered Pc Keith Palmer pay tribute to ‘wonderful dad...
- 16:18 Nominate a first aid hero
- 16:18 Man accused of arson after flat fire in Huddersfield
- 16:18 Overnight services at three North East urgent care centres to...
- 16:17 Beamish Museum searching for visionary to create 1950s world and...
- 16:17 Star Wars news: Han Solo spin-off character detail LEAKED by Woody...
- 16:17 Destiny 2 release date LEAK reveals PC launch and Bungie beta news...
- 16:17 Support is there for those who need it this Mother's Day
- 16:17 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Chapel St Leonards pupils support Red Nose Day
- 16:16 Philippines' Duterte derides U.S. for past inaction in South China Sea
- 16:16 The poor get poorer in Germany, too, draft government report shows
- 16:16 Sturgeon has ‘confidence’ in Cunningham amid terror row
- 16:15 Pamela Anderson 'STORMED OFF' Celebrity Juice set after Keith Lemon...
- 16:15 Comment: Is this Government intervention in all but name
- 16:15 Eden contestants leave wilderness after a year to find show hasn't...
- 16:15 Viviane Sassen's Kenyan Souvenirs
- 16:15 Martin Margiela: Looking back on the Hermes years
- 16:15 Khalid Masood named as Islamic terrorist behind Westminster attack
- 16:15 ‘Most wanted’ Morecambe arsonist jailed for seven years
- 16:14 Fruit-shaped sensor 'can improve freshness'
- 16:14 Asbestos campaigner makes plea for Barrow service
- 16:14 Arsenal star reveals real reason Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez...
- 16:13 Travel card fares going up on trams and buses
- 16:13 Nominate a first aid hero