Wayne Rooney became a household name 14 years ago with a stunning last minute winner for Everton against Arsenal... here is how Sportsmail covered the moment
At the age of 30 Wayne Rooney has won everything. In his 12 years with Manchester United he has lifted the Premier League five times, the League Cup twice, as well as the Champions League, FIFA Club World Cup and an FA Cup.
He is also England's record goalscorer with 53 goals as well as being the most capped outfield player in his country's history.
But the road to super stardom started 14 years ago when Rooney made his way into the public consciousness with a stunning winner for Everton against David Seaman and Arsenal at Goodison Park.
Freddie Ljungberg had given Arsenal an early lead,... read more
- 13:23 Don’t put Vicks VapoRub in your vagina
- 13:22 Dimitri Oberlin confirms he rejected Manchester United transfer
- 13:21 Attack outside Littleover restaurant leaves victim needing hospital...
- 13:18 This is the law on having a bonfire and the nuisance it causes
- 13:18 Lego axes 1,400 jobs amid falling sales concerns
- 13:18 Take a look inside county's newest £2.2m GP surgery
- 13:17 Chelsea news: I’ve changed my opinion on Alvaro Morata - Sky Sports...
- 13:17 Man Utd team news: Henrikh Mkhitaryan to be dropped for...
- 13:17 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:16 Shamed Harvey Weinstein completes just ONE WEEK of sex addiction rehab
- 13:16 Real Madrid chiefs asked Tottenham for Harry Kane valuation before...
- 13:16 Katie Price cancels second gig due to ‘sudden unforeseen...
- 13:16 Dangerous glass removed as Storm Brian hits Lancashire
- 13:14 Towneley Park needs your votes
- 13:12 Hebburn man's plea to BAN Thomas Cook from Las Vegas following...
- 13:12 Ever had a visit from Home Group? You might want to check your...
- 13:12 Killer drivers can now get life - but this mum says laws must go...
- 13:12 Family holiday saved after travel agent goes the extra mile
- 13:10 Coventry City takeover talk "unnecessary and unwanted speculation"
- 13:10 Police officer ‘assaulted with glass’ at Warwick Runaway Mop
- 13:10 How to get cheaper parking at Bullring over half term
- 13:10 Timi Elsnik - Derby County Under-23 player profile and stats
- 13:08 Middlesbrough news: Stewart Downing reveals ‘big shock’ after Garry...
- 13:08 Ruben Neves: Wolves star Danny Batth lifts the lid on superstar...
- 13:08 Chelsea fans go into meltdown on Twitter after Pedro’s outrageous...
- 13:05 Vision to create £40million medical school in Chester unveiled
- 13:04 Woman suspected of Leeds knifepoint street robberies
- 13:03 SNES Classic Mini UPDATE: Super Nintendo stock boost following...
- 13:03 UPDATE: Further changes made to Northern trains on major Cumbrian line
- 13:02 How does Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool record compare to Premier League...