'Watershed for NHS' as controversial junior doctors' contracts are rolled out
The controversial new contract for junior doctors in England will begin to be rolled out from today.
The new deal for training medics sparked the biggest walk out of doctors in the history of the NHS.
From today, some obstetrics and gynaecology trainees will transition to the new terms and conditions of service.
The British Medical Association (BMA) described it as a "watershed moment for the NHS".
The union's junior doctor committee chairwoman Dr Ellen McCourt said that the Government was "ploughing ahead" with the new deal "ignoring the outstanding areas of... read more
- 14:05 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:04 Rape probe cops make door-to-door enquiries in Spondon
- 14:04 How to spot a fake fiver
- 14:04 Investigation into Wellingborough stabbing continues
- 14:04 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:03 Man denies No 11 bus stab murder in Birmingham
- 14:03 Thousands of Bosch gas hobs have been recalled as company warns...
- 14:03 Birmingham City offer trial to son of former Liverpool striker
- 14:03 Pakistan International Airlines investigation launched after...
- 14:03 Here’s how to spot a fake £5 note
- 14:03 Could your job be lost due to advances in technology?
- 14:02 Wall St. to open slightly lower after record run
- 14:02 VIDEO: Otter cub separated from mum during Storm Doris rescued by...
- 14:01 £75 hike to car insurance premiums experts predict
- 14:01 India firms fear lingering economic aftershocks from cash crackdown
- 14:01 Armed police officers pull over vehicle on Sheffield Parkway
- 14:01 Ray Parlour backs Arsenal to sign Manchester City striker Sergio...
- 14:01 Players with most Premier League goals before turning 24… Kane's up...
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...
- 14:00 BREAKING: Armed police make two arrests on major Sheffield road...
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl