Watch the moment brave schoolgirl shaves head for Alder Hey charity
A young girl with a rare medical condition has shaved off all her hair for charity - just days after coming out of hospital.
Kelsea Curtis, from Walton, suffers from auto-immune encephalitis which affects her antibodies and blood cells.
The 11-year-old has been in and out of hospital for the past 12 months and shaved her head for the Alder Hey charity on Friday.
Her dad Lee said: “It went really well and Kelsea even persuaded me to shave my hair off too.
“We had originally planned to do the head shave in August but Kelsea relapsed again and ended up in hospital.
“Doctors did a plasma... read more
- 16:36 World's longest inflatable obstacle course coming to Midlands - and...
- 16:36 Otto Warmbier: US professor says he 'got what he deserved'
- 16:36 Jewish group cancels Netanyahu dinner over Western Wall decision
- 16:36 Party leaders react to Theresa May’s £1,000,000,000 deal with DUP
- 16:36 Superfast broadband coming to villages across Rugby borough
- 16:35 Heartbreaking tribute from school after 12-year-old rugby player...
- 16:35 Newcastle transfers: Most expensive Magpies line-up of all time...
- 16:35 Drink driver feared he was victim of a 'cash for crash' scam
- 16:34 Priory School rewarded for cricket success
- 16:35 Severn Trent cautioned after chlorine levels in water found to be...
- 16:34 Tractor club cheque presentation in Holbeach for cancer charity
- 16:34 CPS rules out criminal charges over death of Sunderland engineer...
- 16:32 Chelsea 2017/18 away kit leaked: New images of strip circulate online
- 16:32 Alexandre Lacazette to Arsenal: Huge summer transfer backed by...
- 16:32 Carlisle Bell 2017: Kevin Dagleish confident of landing famous double
- 16:32 Barrow pupils battled the wind to clean up favourite haunt
- 16:29 Police gave children fake guns to shoot ‘terrorist’ targets on a...
- 16:29 Lancaster City player to undertake Morecambe prom charity challenge
- 16:29 Watch moment man tries multiple door handles before slipping inside...
- 16:29 Time running out to secure school bus seats
- 16:28 Couple married on Good Hope Hospital ward after groom given weeks...
- 16:27 Wall St. boosted by tech stocks, rebound in oil prices
- 16:27 Slain Minnesota man's family in $3 million police-shooting settlement
- 16:27 Sutton knife woman sent to crown court
- 16:27 Serena Williams would be 700th in world if she played on men’s...
- 16:27 PICTURES: Police target ‘car cruising’ event at M1 junction
- 16:25 Dave King should accept Rangers will always be in Celtic’s shadow...
- 16:25 Katy Perry seen ‘whispering’ in Chris Martin’s ear as the pair were...
- 16:25 How a Dewsbury hospital is calming children’s nerves
- 16:25 Why there were delays on M1 at junction 19 at Catthorpe earlier today