Watch the moment brave schoolgirl shaves head for Alder Hey charity
A young girl with a rare medical condition has shaved off all her hair for charity - just days after coming out of hospital.
Kelsea Curtis, from Walton, suffers from auto-immune encephalitis which affects her antibodies and blood cells.
The 11-year-old has been in and out of hospital for the past 12 months and shaved her head for the Alder Hey charity on Friday.
Her dad Lee said: “It went really well and Kelsea even persuaded me to shave my hair off too.
“We had originally planned to do the head shave in August but Kelsea relapsed again and ended up in hospital.
“Doctors did a plasma... read more
- 14:55 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:54 Video firm wins prestigious USA gig
- 14:54 Nuclear threat: How Yorkshire residents were told to protect...
- 14:54 Cramlington firm enjoying sweet success thanks to £600,000 investment
- 14:54 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:54 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho hits back at Paul Scholes over Paul...
- 14:53 Wigan Council highly commended for efficiency
- 14:52 First straws now single-use plastic, popular pub group makes...
- 14:51 Burglary at Leeds house: Police release CCTV images of two men
- 14:51 Man Utd vs Tottenham: Paul Merson delivers FA Cup semi-final...
- 14:51 The best creators in the Premier League: Which five men have made...
- 14:51 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino reiterates passive stance on FA...
- 14:50 Lancashire's National Rural Crime Survey focuses on rural crime
- 14:50 Warning for London Marathon runners as temperatures hit 70-year record
- 14:50 Children’s services are ‘fragile’ says trust
- 14:48 Here's how to ease the symptoms of hay fever
- 14:47 Children’s services are ‘fragile’ says trust
- 14:46 "Please give my baby's presents back!" Grieving Batley mother's...
- 14:45 This weekend’s going to be so hot Marathon runners have been told...
- 14:43 Did you know that Leeds once had an open-air swimming pool?
- 14:43 UK’s rowdiest brunch heading to Leeds
- 14:42 A career in clips: paying tribute to Dale Winton
- 14:42 ReFILL: Cafe and resort bar join the war on plastic
- 14:42 West Brom transfer helper Guiliano Terraneo has identified his...
- 14:42 Work at Pont ex-library site ‘on schedule’
- 14:42 Self-confessed Nazi jailed after calling for genocide of Jewish...
- 14:42 Burglary at Leeds house: Police release CCTV images of two men
- 14:41 Mother who watched daughter burn to death on school bus sues
- 14:41 Meghan Markle age, height, real name, what her title will be and...
- 14:41 H&H Group chief executive steps down