WATCH: Poignant story of mum who lost 8st for sake of her kids goes viral
She is the super slimmer who is now half the woman she used to be.
Mum-of-three Kirstie Goodwin feared she was going to have a heart attack when she hit size 24.
Kirstie, 38, from Billesley, lives in a family with a history of heart problems.
And, at 18st 4lb, she was worried that she was an accident just waiting to happen.
Now, she’s a slimline size 10 and weighs in at 10st 2lb.
“Ever since I was young, weight has been a problem for me, as it is for many people,” says Kirstie.
“The thought that I could have a heart attack like my dad did, and could leave behind my three kids, was the... read more
- 09:09 Country & Coast: Garden watch gives meagre mammal count of just ten
- 09:09 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Aberdeen would have folded against Hibs in the past but we are so...
- 09:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 09:08 Stalker is spared from jail after making victim’s life hell
- 09:08 South Shields’ The Word wins four gongs at building awards
- 09:08 Dana White admits he gives Conor McGregor a lot more leeway than...
- 09:08 South Shields ‘run face’ man delighted after marathon effort
- 09:07 Doncaster football legend Kevin Keegan awarded damages after...
- 09:07 Root relishes challenge of aiding Yorkshire’s pursuit of one-day glory
- 09:06 Volunteers urged to help clean up Durham Heritage Coast
- 09:06 Arsenal face competition from four clubs for Alexandre...
- 09:06 Madeleine McCann disappearance: Detectives still pursuing...
- 09:06 Hartlepool United’s new boss is confident: 100%
- 09:06 The Odd Couple takes centre stage
- 09:05 Firefighters tackle bedroom fire in Doncaster
- 09:05 Real Madrid star's wife makes huge transfer revelation: He wants to...
- 09:05 Facebook baby killing: Grief and questions after shocking murder
- 09:05 Campaigners tell politicians: Get off the fence over Rainford’s...
- 09:04 Huge Kylian Mbappe update: Club to make £85m bid for Monaco star
- 09:04 Man accused of tying up Gainsborough OAP charged with four more...
- 09:04 Two teenagers arrested after fight outside Nottingham Academy
- 09:04 Bassetlaw prepares to welcome stage of the OVO Energy Tour of Britain
- 09:03 Blackpool: From the courts 26-04-17
- 09:03 Airport duty free more expensive than supermarkets, new study finds
- 09:03 Taxis in South Tyneside spark row after parking in disabled bays
- 09:02 Last-gasp winner shows Dundee United are up for promotion fight,...
- 09:02 St Johnstone want to make their mark in Europe
- 09:03 Train strike to go ahead after talks fail
- 09:02 Dundee interim boss Neil McCann admits he already has team in mind...