WATCH: Pingle pupils taught to save lives as part of National Restart a Heart Day
Youngsters at a school in Swadlincote have had a day learning how to save someone's life after it was revealed that more than 10,000 die every year because people lack the confidence to do CPR.
As part of National Restart a Heart Day today, pupils in Year 9 at Pingle School in Coronation Street were treated to a visit from a first responder and a doctor to learn how to help someone who has suffered a cardiac arrest.
According to new research from the British Heart Foundation (BHF), 10,000 people die each year in the UK because too many people 'lack the confidence and skills' to perform... read more
- 00:06 REVEALED: These are the 10 CHEAPEST European city breaks for UK...
- 00:06 Will Brexit hinder Yorkshire’s efforts to tackle human trafficking?
- 00:05 Glasgow and Edinburgh worst offenders in food hygiene standards
- 00:05 Scots teachers subject to ‘vicious’ online abuse from parents
- 00:00 Smalling knock gives Gibson first England call
- 00:00 Essential essence of Loud Women in twenty-one terrific tracks
- 00:00 Searching for unity, home and abroad
- 00:00 Facing up to capitalist realities
- 00:00 City fined €18k for Champions League offences
- 00:00 Hockey chiefs turn to knobstick team
- 00:00 A new dawn after all this wait?
- 00:00 Gutenberg’s dubious legacy
- 00:00 The passing of Martin McGuinness
- 00:00 Martin McGuinness: The man and the contradiction
- 00:00 Solidarity with Venezuela
- 00:00 Ireland: Communists pay tribute to McGuinness
- 00:00 Brazil: Attorney-general calls for wider corruption probe
- 00:00 US: Nunes agrees to answer committee
- 00:00 Measly 1% NHS pay offer angers union
- 00:00 Scotland: Anti-racists to protest against neonazi march
- 00:01 Danny Houghton and Jake Connor injury updates after Hull FC beat...
- 00:00 1 million car industry jobs at risk
- 23:59 Lewis Hamilton scorches but F1 is crying out for a Ferrari revival...
- 23:59 England yobs in the dock over Martin McGuinness chant as footage...
- 23:59 Eric Dier reveals his relief after anxious phone call to his mum in...
- 23:59 Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson is set for big move following his...
- 23:59 Ron Saunders the lost master: He won Aston Villa the title in 1981...
- 23:59 Manchester City break three anti-doping rules in the five months...
- 23:59 Michael O'Neill hoping for his Premier League chance after...
- 23:56 Harry Styles solo debut single: First review LEAKED - plus the...