Watch out Chronicle - there's a new paper on the block in Newcastle's West End
A new free tabloid newspaper will hit the streets in Newcastle next week.
Admittedly, the circulation area is only a couple of miles in length and will focus on just two routes – Westgate Road and the West Road.
But the paper, titled Fine Prospect, will have plenty of stories to tell, stretching back to the time of Hadrian’s Wall whose line is followed by the two thoroughfares.
A total of 5,000 copies of the 24-page paper will be distributed to West End outlets ranging from cafes and shops to doctors’ surgeries.
The aim is to highlight the long history of the two routes and surrounding... read more
- 00:16 Three cups of coffee a day linked to lower risk of cancer and...
- 00:16 Egypt attack: President Sisi pledges forceful response
- 00:16 Scathing report on HMP Northumberland highlights drugs and violence
- 00:16 Police investigate spate of fires in Amble
- 00:14 Mel Gibson appeared on Graham Norton to promote his new film, and...
- 00:11 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Seven couples perform DOUBLE dances in...
- 00:11 I'm a Celebrity 2017: Georgia Toffolo favourite to be crowned Queen...
- 00:07 Have astronomers solved the mystery of the 'engine' on Enceladus?...
- 00:02 West Ham lead the way as Premier League launch Rainbow Laces...
- 00:02 Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes brings speculation over Rangers move...
- 00:02 Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson sees Christian Benteke as vital for...
- 00:01 McIness fed up with Rangers speculation
- 00:01 Rodgers prepared for a physical cup final
- 00:01 Welsh Rugby says No to violence against women
- 00:01 Saudis play with fire in Lebanon
- 00:01 Skulduggery over Brexit
- 00:01 Vatican threat to sue altar boys who allege abuse
- 00:01 Georgia Toffolo allowed to wear banned make-up on I’m A Celebrity...
- 00:01 More than 200 Sufi Muslims killed in Egypt gun and bomb attack
- 00:01 Trump 'told Erdogan he'll stop arming the Kurds'
- 00:01 Staffing crisis ‘continues unabated’
- 00:01 Apprentices cheated of £3.50 an hour
- 00:01 Uber looks to appeal rights ruling in Supreme Court
- 00:00 Marking the lives of the women killed by men this year
- 00:00 Why the Chancellor must introduce a Robin Hood tax
- 00:00 A Christmas cracker
- 00:00 Sublime Stockhausen at the Barbican
- 00:00 Graphic vision of a red revolutionary future
- 00:00 Robbing the poor to pay the rich
- 00:00 Women’s concerns should not be minimised