Watch: Flytippers dump piles of beds 7ft high in Birmingham street
A community volunteer is considering setting up resident patrols to tackle the scourge of fly-tippers in Birmingham.
Dad-of-three Javed Iqbal said piles of dumped rubbish - some 7ft high - are blighting parts of Bordesley Green and Small Heath and turning the areas into a “slum.”
Mr Iqbal, who runs a weekly litter pick with family and friends, said the problem was so bad that he was thinking of organising a patrol to monitor the worst affected places.
The 47-year-old garage owner said: “We are thinking about getting the residents together and keeping an eye out on the hot spots and making... read more
- 09:47 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:47 Football legend Alan Shearer coming to Doncaster
- 09:47 Baby boy weighs as much as 9-year-old due to rare condition
- 09:47 MP: Travellers review ‘is urgently required’
- 09:46 Amanda Holden admits she and Simon Cowell could have been an item
- 09:46 Mariah Carey targetted by rotten thieves as home robbed of $50,000...
- 09:46 Willshee's Waste and Recycling takes top gong as the Burton Mail...
- 09:45 Birmingham pub bombings: Families to challenge inquest ruling
- 09:45 Ian Lavery MP received £165,000 from trade union
- 09:45 Committee luanches probe into immigration policies in Scotland
- 09:44 Boy's sailing dream rescued by Harrogate optician
- 09:43 Approval for affordable homes for single people and couples in Peak...
- 09:43 When is Storm Brian coming and where will it hit the UK?
- 09:42 Katie Price claims she’s received texts from Chris Hughes’ friend...
- 09:41 Radio industry stalwarts and pop groups at Leeds awards ceremony
- 09:40 Wold Top’s rural project award
- 09:40 Revealed: How utility firm blunder led to flooding of North...
- 09:40 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:40 Council to decide how to demolish the Futurist
- 09:38 Mum forced boy, 11, into sex on camera before sick footage was sold...
- 09:37 What is the net worth of prospective Newcastle owner Amanda Staveley?
- 09:37 Dracula flies into Chorley
- 09:37 Tributes as ex-Doncaster Rovers fans' director and former Donny Dog...
- 09:37 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:37 Tribute paid to former teacher killed in crash
- 09:37 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:36 Pick your team for Burton Albion's trip to Nottingham Forest
- 09:36 'Serious incidents' hit three month high at Nuneaton's hospital
- 09:36 When do the clocks go back in 2017? End of British Summer Time looms
- 09:35 Barcelona technical director 'watches Anthony Martial in action for...