Watch as terminally-ill Derbyshire girl makes heart-breaking Facebook appeal
A little girl battling a terminal illness has made an emotional Facebook appeal asking for messages of support to brighten up her short life.
Eight-year-old Mia Parnell, of Hatton, has a mystery degenerative illness which doctors have warned will claim her life.
But the brave youngster is battling on and has made an emotive video which has been posted on Facebook calling on people to send her cards and messages to cheer her up.
She begins: "I want to ask a favour", before explaining she would love to receive messages in the post.
Mum Sarah Parnell posted alongside the video:... read more
- 15:46 Yorkshire weather: Sunny spells and warmer weather for your Bank...
- 15:46 Beoplay P2: B&O's portable pebble speaker
- 15:46 Seal makes its way to doorstep hoping to shelter from a storm...
- 15:46 Man with cerebral palsy set to complete London marathon
- 15:46 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:46 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Investigation into Sheffield worker's cancer death who helped build...
- 15:45 Woman who drank bottle of wine before driving wrong way around...
- 15:45 Man City striker Sergio Aguero opens up about being axed and what...
- 15:44 Kevin Maggs Moseley farewell overshadows National One main event
- 15:44 Strike up the band for the finale of popular concerts
- 15:44 Second round of works to busy roundabout
- 15:44 MP calls for urgent action on the borough's potholes
- 15:44 Top Gear fans laud Matt LeBlanc for 'saving' show as series ends
- 15:44 'I'm doing it for Dad': Lorraine signs up for Coventry Does Strictly
- 15:44 These are the best and worst supermarket meal deals on offer
- 15:44 Birmingham carer being DEPORTED to Jamaica despite living in city...
- 15:44 Armed police shut down street near Westminster after man arrested...
- 15:43 European shares fall as ECB stands pat, banks drop
- 15:43 Rugby league star to face crown court over SIX offences
- 15:42 Davidson: Sturgeon told a ‘whopper’ over election and indyref2
- 15:42 Hundreds turn out to pay their last respects to ‘lovely lad’ Lewis...
- 15:42 Superheroes and singing stars lined up for night for Bradley Lowery
- 15:41 Multimillion-pound housing improvement scheme gets started
- 15:41 Drab packaging to help Notts smokers quit
- 15:40 Nemanja Vidic takes incredible dig at Didier Drogba over Champions...
- 15:40 Lorna’s a knock-out Masterchef
- 15:40 Drab packaging to help Notts smokers quit
- 15:40 ‘That’s John Mann!’: MP breaks up bloody street brawl in Worksop...
- 15:40 Sky Bet will take on 100 jobs after doubling workforce