Watch amazing timelapse footage of Sunderland's new bridge taking shape
Sunderland's New Wear Crossing is taking shape, with the first section of the bridge deck being launched out over the River Wear today.
This first section has been assembled on the riverbank in Pallion over the last few months, and this video shows amazing timelapse footage of the work taking place.
Hydraulic jacks will be used to pull the deck 120m out across the river today a process that is expected to take about 10 hours.
The New Wear Crossing is the first bridge to be built over the River Wear in the city for more than 40 years.
It is on track to be completed by the spring of 2018.
- 14:48 Sky Sports man reveals shock Man Utd move that could happen in next...
- 14:48 Ricky Ponting: Joe Root must be given England captaincy well before...
- 14:48 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:48 Tesco recalls ready meal over health concerns
- 14:47 WE MAKE QUIZZING FUN: Rumours of this week's Fleetwood Mac top...
- 14:47 OPINION: Derby County need to ease goalscoring pressures on Tom Ince
- 14:47 Police stop 8,000 mobile phone drivers in one week
- 14:47 Jurgen Klopp expects to see ‘100 per cent’ from the Liverpool crowd...
- 14:47 Top banks' fourth-quarter commodities revenue jumps 20-25 percent -...
- 14:46 Rafael Nadal opens up after battling win over Gael Monfils at...
- 14:46 E-cigarettes ‘attract teenagers who wouldn’t normally smoke,' finds...
- 14:46 North East MPs tell PM Theresa May: Reveal Government 'guarantees'...
- 14:46 Danny Cowley happy to see Lincoln City fans back in Stacey West Stand
- 14:44 Watch Saturday Night Live’s musical sketch tribute to Barack Obama
- 14:44 Caught in queues in London Road this morning? Here's why
- 14:43 AMERICA’S BREXIT? New bill could pull US out of UN in funding row
- 14:43 Ethiopian crushed to death in Calais – but police REFUSE to accept...
- 14:43 Classic 1973 Range Rover that travelled through AFRICA goes on sale
- 14:43 WATCH: Young girl, 7, pens heartfelt open letter to Prime Minister...
- 14:42 Drunk driver attempted to flee after high-speed crash on A59 at...
- 14:42 Police concerned for safety of 25-year-old man
- 14:42 Public urged to vote for Scotland’s beavers
- 14:41 Charity challenge Walking With The Wounded aiming for biggest year yet
- 14:41 Warning to older people as Met Office issues cold weather alert
- 14:40 Holbeach Music Cafe to reopen at WI Hall
- 14:40 Emergency planning meeting to mobilise village community
- 14:40 Anglesey farmer forks out £500 after assaulting young woman in pub...
- 14:40 German government holds 2017 growth forecast at 1.4 percent - sources
- 14:39 Wall St. set to open lower amid uncertainty under Trump
- 14:39 Ban lifted on Indian bull-taming events to end mass protests