Warwickshire vets warn festive leftovers can lead to food poisoning

Warwickshire vets warn festive leftovers can lead to food poisoning
 

DOG owners are being warned to keep their pets away from the temptation of leftovers this Christmas, after a spate of dogs were admitted to a Warwickshire vets suffering from poisoning caused by eating mouldy food.
Avonvale Vets has reported an increase in fungal poisoning cases at its Warwick and Stratford practices, where dogs have ingested toxins from mouldy cheese and other foods such as butter, bread and yoghurt.
The condition, known as mycotoxicosis, can cause dogs to vomit, tremble and suffer from seizures, as well as becoming disorientated and weak.
Once a dog has ingested a toxin... read more

 
14 December 2017 in Regional West, Views: 25
Share:
 




News Widget for Webmasters


Realtime News

 

«
»
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28