WARNING TO EU: Brexit set to hit eurozone's economy, says ECB boss Draghi
The full force of the Britain's vote to leave the European Union (EU) has not yet been felt in the eurozone, said Mario Draghi speaking at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) last night.
And no one knows how much destruction Brexit could unleash on Europe's economy, according to the ECB chief.
He said: “The event is very significant; to think it won’t have any consequences is perhaps asking for too much.”
Mr Draghi said some critics felt the short-term effects of the result “were less dramatic than people expected”.
But added: “Does it mean that there will be no effect? The answer is no….... read more
- 13:14 Cops being recruited in Barrow: how you can apply
- 13:14 RBS shares bounce as it reveals it won't sell off Williams & Glyn...
- 13:14 Pensioners could be left thousands of pounds poorer as government...
- 13:14 Shigellosis: Everything you need to know about this highly...
- 13:14 Foodies flock to Festival of Food, Drink and Rhubarb
- 13:14 Yorkshire Tea teapots recalled after reports of 'breaking'
- 13:13 London ranked seventh worst city in the world for traffic jams
- 13:13 Man flees with dog as severe fire rips through Staffordshire house
- 13:13 Ben Stokes sets record price for an overseas player in IPL
- 13:13 Do Not Disturb: Macdonald Resort, Aviemore
- 13:12 Trump defends himself over SWEDEN terror claims and cites Fox News...
- 13:12 Man taken to hospital after attack on Chestnut Street in Deighton
- 13:12 In the courts of Lincolnshire...
- 13:11 "Wrexham AFC are a good side, we had to keep ourselves in the game"
- 13:10 Why it is now harder to illegally stream football and movies
- 13:10 Undercover police sting snared 'predatory' man trying to incite...
- 13:09 How can we alter farming practices in upland Wales to ensure its...
- 13:09 ‘Homeless’ begging gang pictured getting out of car together before...
- 13:09 VIDEO: Notts protesters try to stop council tree cull
- 13:09 Paedophile David Sutton smuggles blade into Hull court dock on...
- 13:09 Arson investigation after elderly man's mobility scooter set-alight
- 13:08 Joey Essex just swore live on This Morning – because of a ‘f**king...
- 13:08 Lucas Perez wants to leave Arsenal ‘at any cost’, confirms...
- 13:08 £117k youth club windfall
- 13:08 New chief commits to action plan on rural crime
- 13:07 Footage shows scuffles outside ground as Mansfield Town lose at...
- 13:07 Roe v Wade: plaintiff's death highlights weakening of abortion...
- 13:07 NHS trusts overspent by nearly £900m
- 13:06 Police probe 100-man brawl in city centre
- 13:06 Can you help this mother find her late son's lost artworks?