Warning over button batteries
0 Have your say North Tyneside Council is warning parents about the dangers of swallowing button batteries.
The warning follows a rise in the number of children admitted to hospital in the UK after swallowing the small metal discs.
The council’s public health and trading standards teams are joining forces to make sure posters are displayed in communities and they’re supporting health professionals to highlight the dangers to families in the borough.
The batteries are commonly found in a range of electrical devices, from toys, key fobs, remote controls to birthday cards,
If swallowed, they... read more
- 06:23 Rangers hero Harold Davis: I made history against Celtic but still...
- 06:23 Rangers record against Celtic in Scottish Cup semi-finals is...
- 06:23 Gary Anderson pays Jocky Wilson the ultimate tribute by admitting...
- 06:22 10 amazing products for parents who just want to go the f*** to sleep
- 06:22 Terror attack: James Corden pays heartfelt tribute to London on The...
- 06:22 London attack: Police raid address in Birmingham
- 06:21 Italy's Five Star Movement blamed for surge in measles cases
- 06:20 Club chief: We wanted to sign Diego Costa... but it was impossible
- 06:19 Leeds school to close for day following Ofsted inspection
- 06:19 Maritime battle that helped turn the tide of the Second World War
- 06:19 Praise for sixth form facing axe
- 06:19 Hospice boss ‘disappointed’ over decision to freeze funding
- 06:19 Blackpool: From the courts 23-03-17
- 06:18 £40m investment call to help our ex-mining communities
- 06:18 Mixed reaction to South Shields primary school’s toilet policy
- 06:18 Terror at Westminster: Knifeman kills police officer and mows down...
- 06:18 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:18 WANTED! Police release details of suspects after burglary spree
- 06:16 Club chief explains why Chelsea striker deal collapsed last summer
- 06:16 Arsenal’s £25m swoop, Liverpool message, Man United’s two bids,...
- 06:16 Our Westminster editor gives his first hand account of terrorist...
- 06:16 We must not flinch in the face of terror - evil will never be...
- 06:16 Italy's Five Star Movement blamed for surge in measles cases
- 06:15 Burglar jailed after leaving blood and fingerprints during East...
- 06:14 Business Improvement District blitz Northampton streets in a bid to...
- 06:14 Celebrating 70 years of iconic Dr Martens brand
- 06:14 Victoria’s little shop of horrors in Daventry has become a monster...
- 06:14 Swimming gala fun celebrates talent
- 06:13 Pogba, Sanchez, Hazard... The Premier League's most valuable XI
- 06:13 Manchester United defender Luke Shaw handed timely boost