Warning for youngsters and parents after reports of stones being thrown at vehicles in Billingham
Google Police have issued a warning to youngsters and their parents after a spate of stone-throwing incidents in Billingham.
The police received three reports of youngsters throwing stones in the John Whitehead Park area on Sunday night.
The reports were received between 8.30pm and 9.30pm.
Officers attended the scene but no one was caught.
Sergeant Jeff Parkes, from the Billingham Neighbourhood team, said: “It is believed a group of youths are responsible for throwing items at vehicles and buses and they clearly don’t understand the dangerous consequences of behaving this way.
“Thankfully... read more
- 09:34 Labour fined £20,000 for the famous ‘EdStone’
- 09:33 Residents told covenant is just ‘folklore’
- 09:32 Scots tennis player Jamie Murray to receive OBE
- 09:32 Cumbria pylon plan sparks energetic debate
- 09:32 Jamie Murray to be awarded OBE for services to tennis and charity
- 09:32 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 09:31 Chelsea star reveals he's held crunch talks with Antonio Conte
- 09:30 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:29 300 seasonal jobs for Bathgate as Royal Mail opens parcel sort...
- 09:28 Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino pays big compliment to Jurgen...
- 09:28 Brains get slacker with age, say scientists - and it could cause...
- 09:28 City centre street closed after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 09:27 Motorcyclist died after crash on A38 slip road, despite public...
- 09:27 Inside Out to take closer look at NHS diabetes epidemic
- 09:26 Google Pixel vs Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Android phone 2016
- 09:25 Bahrain's Investcorp says to buy 3i's debt-management business
- 09:25 Costa Coffee owner Whitbread's first-half profit rises
- 09:25 Netflix CEO gives conditional approval of AT&T-Time Warner deal
- 09:25 Eyewitness describes harrowing moment Dreamworld rapids ride...
- 09:23 Sean Gregan’s Exclusive PNE column
- 09:23 Secret filming reveals problems relinquishing timeshares
- 09:23 Mourinho preparing Manchester United cull in January transfer window
- 09:22 Noisy students warned to keep quiet - or face prosecution
- 09:21 Look who's 102!
- 09:21 Promising judo star Jamie Death, 11, scoops gold at competition
- 09:21 Passer-by who tried in vain to help Aigburth murder victim: 'I...
- 09:21 Walking over hot coals raises £6,000 for Rainbow House
- 09:21 Lonely Planet puts North Wales #4 in 2017 best places to visit
- 09:21 Green-fingered Alan pens book on life in Preston’s parks
- 09:21 That super hot carb-loving Peruvian chef is now doing naked...