WARNING: Central heating could be making THIS chronic, incurable condition worse
Scientists have found high indoor temperatures seem to worsen chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or COPD.
The condition is an umbrella term for chronic bronchitis, emphysema and other conditions, many of which are incurable but can be eased with treatment.
Researchers said ‘optimising indoor climate’ could improve the health of millions of sufferers.
COPD affects about three million Britons but it is estimated that there are around 80,000 undiagnosed cases of lung cancer and one million cases of COPD.
Professor Meredith McCormack said: "Previous studies have found the elderly are... read more
- 15:46 Gareth Bale SLAMMED for this post-match interview after horror...
- 15:46 Scunthorpe Sainsburys staff pull out all the stops for Comic Relief...
- 15:45 Police name Sheffield stab victim, 21, as murder investigation...
- 15:45 Head of steam: Stunning locomotive The Royal Scot plays key role in...
- 15:44 This artist’s incredibly detailed models show the reality of living...
- 15:44 Party divisions must end now, says Labour Shadow Chancellor
- 15:43 Woman scared to walk home alone after being followed in the dark
- 15:42 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:42 Couple jailed after starving dogs and locking them under the stairs
- 15:42 Bodies of two boys, 17, found near cliffs in Saltburn
- 15:41 Trainspotting sequel props sold for charity
- 15:41 Sir Lenny Henry STORMS OFF Graham Norton's Big Chat after yelling...
- 15:38 Manchester United’s Daley Blind linked with AS Roma transfer
- 15:38 Jose Mourinho reveals the real reason he was in Croatia amid Ivan...
- 15:38 Four Egyptian soldiers killed by explosion in Sinai
- 15:35 Boxing Junior Championships cancelled due to 'threat to life'
- 15:34 QUIZ Celebrate Elton John’s 70th by proving you know all the words...
- 15:33 Who is Manchester United transfer target Ivan Perisic?
- 15:33 How to buy Man City tickets: A guide on how to attend the team's...
- 15:33 Call for councils to ban sky lanterns and balloons in Lincolnshire...
- 15:32 Woman who voted for Trump upset to find her husband will be deported
- 15:32 When do the clocks go forward in 2017?
- 15:32 Choir hits right notes at UK final
- 15:30 Justice League movie TRAILER: Full explosive promo arrives in full...
- 15:30 Seamus Coleman injury: Everton boss Ronald Koeman speaks out on...
- 15:29 How to look after your mental health when you’re always on...
- 15:29 Brazil teacher changes hairstyle to support bullied girl
- 15:29 Air ambulance called after two car crash near Holmfirth
- 15:26 How Hull could soon blanket ban pavement parking
- 15:26 Hull FC player ratings and stats after win at Wigan Warriors