Warning after unattended kitchen appliance causes fire - and batteries removed from smoke alarm



Three fire crews have tackled a fire at a house in Grimsby this evening.
Three appliances were at the scene in Ariston Street, off Huddleston Road as well as two police vehicles and an ambulance who were treating a male and female for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire.
Humberside Fire and Rescue's Watch Manager Dave Barnsley said: "This is a kitchen fire that has been caused by an appliance being left on and being left unattended."
"There was a smoke alarm, however, the batteries had been taken out. We could have been looking at something more serious if the occupiers... read more

 
11 October 2016 in Yorkshire & Humber, Views: 29
Share:
  •  





    News Widget for Webmasters



    Bring Eugene's son back home immediately

    Realtime News

     

    «
    »
    Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
              1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30