Ward remains closed at Scunthorpe General Hospital due to outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting
A WARD at Scunthorpe General Hospital remains closed today (Wednesday, October 19) following an outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting.
Ward 24 has been fully closed to new admissions and transfers. Patients from the ward will not be discharged to nursing or residential homes while they remain an infection risk.
The ward has been closed since October 17.
MORE: Scunthorpe branch of builders' merchant Travis Perkins at risk of closure
The infection prevention and control team will review the situation daily and regular and frequent disinfection is being carried out on the ward to contain the... read more
- 08:19 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:19 Delays after van fire on the M6
- 08:19 Pupils’ special lesson from global business
- 08:17 Three abandoned fox cubs adopted by farmer's dog
- 08:16 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:13 FARMING MATTERS: Lambing in full flow with lots of singles
- 08:12 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:09 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sends tribute to departing Arsenal...
- 08:04 These 10 artists prove autism is no barrier to creativity
- 08:04 Events at the castle to celebrate St George's Day
- 08:03 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:03 Recycling changes for South Lakeland
- 08:02 Celebrating in true Stratford style
- 08:02 Departing Poulson has no intention of returning to football management
- 08:02 Duncan Slater: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:02 Kevin Ogilvie: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:00 Grantham Journal column: I urged Prime Minister to attack Syria
- 08:00 Oxford’s efforts can’t save Shipston from defeat
- 07:58 Elena Ferrante: ‘God didn’t make a good impression on my teenage self’
- 07:58 Queen Elizabeth II: Did you know these 20 unusual facts about our...
- 07:58 Brews with benefits: the health-boosting perks of a good cuppa
- 07:56 Tom Richmond: Theresa May’s leadership on Syria leaves Jeremy...
- 07:53 Sunderland boss Chris Coleman reveals first details of his...
- 07:52 Perthshire Classic Car Show
- 07:52 Dundee band hope Courier readers can help them solve 1960s cine...
- 07:47 Queen Elizabeth II: Did you know these 20 unusual facts about our...
- 07:47 Brews with benefits: the health-boosting perks of a good cuppa
- 07:47 Barcelona ace Lionel Messi holds key to star snubbing Real Madrid -...
- 07:47 Panel backs the way police use stop and search powers in Lichfield
- 07:47 Lichfield District Council approves two new neighbourhood plans