Ward remains closed at Scunthorpe General Hospital due to outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting
A WARD at Scunthorpe General Hospital remains closed today (Wednesday, October 19) following an outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting.
Ward 24 has been fully closed to new admissions and transfers. Patients from the ward will not be discharged to nursing or residential homes while they remain an infection risk.
The ward has been closed since October 17.
MORE: Scunthorpe branch of builders' merchant Travis Perkins at risk of closure
The infection prevention and control team will review the situation daily and regular and frequent disinfection is being carried out on the ward to contain the... read more
- 13:26 Engine fire in Sutton BRidge
- 13:26 Fire got out of control in Sutterton
- 13:26 Firefighters to the rescue after mum locked out
- 13:26 Police investigate alleged kidnap of young woman
- 13:25 Why does class still matter when it comes to dating?
- 13:25 French Open 2017: Angelique Kerber OUT after shock defeat to...
- 13:24 Warning after wood burner causes shed blaze
- 13:23 Man fractured toddler’s skull with vicious punch beacuse he ‘wanted...
- 13:23 Which school has the worst record for pupils being taken out of...
- 13:21 Man Utd make £30m bid for Ivan Perisic: Inter Milan demanding more...
- 13:20 Mario Kart just got a serious upgrade and it involves real-life...
- 13:20 Reality Check: What impact have employment tribunal fees had?
- 13:20 Theresa May finally reveals who will represent the Tories in TV debate
- 13:20 MIDAS SHARE TIPS UPDATE: Data-gathering specialist GB Group soars...
- 13:19 Boaters' tribute to Mick
- 13:19 NORTH KOREA: Shocking new pictures show smiling Kim Jong-un...
- 13:18 Pioneering Chester care conference will be told 'older people are...
- 13:18 3,000 runners take part in Nottingham 10k - can you spot yourself?
- 13:16 Monaco Grand Prix LIVE: Updates and analysis from Monte Carlo
- 13:14 Former Coventry City winger Mark Marshall wanted by Charlton Athletic
- 13:13 Police officer injured by knifeman in Hartlepool
- 13:13 Tyneside eyesore or Tyneside icon? Gateshead's infamous 'Get Carter...
- 13:13 World No. 1 Angelique Kerber makes unwanted piece of history with...
- 13:13 British Airways: Wedding postponed after guests stuck at Heathrow
- 13:11 Kell Brook admits he needs surgery again after breaking his eye...
- 13:11 No Bank Holiday trains from Preston to Carlisle
- 13:09 Bank Holiday weather: More thunderstorms could strike Yorkshire
- 13:08 Rise of the phoenix department store: Billionaire Philip Day aims...
- 13:07 Gateshead fun run at Saltwell Park: Can you see your children in...
- 13:07 How the Aberdeen team could look next season