War veteran Leonard Gordon 'thrown out' of Cheadle Hospital over NHS cuts
War veteran Leonard Gordon has been kicked out of his hospital ward after falling victim to NHS cutbacks - at the age of 89.
The OAP was one of the last patients to leave the two wards which closed at Cheadle Hospital yesterday.
Son Paul Mills, of Longton, fears the move could prove fatal for his dad after spending two years at the hospital.
Instead he has now been moved to Stadium Court nursing home, in Cobridge, with his place funded by NHS Continuing Healthcare.
The closure of the 48 beds at Cheadle Hospital comes as dozens of beds are also set to be axed at Bradwell Hospital.
Son Paul,... read more
- 15:25 Sackler family gift draws UK gallery into opioid crisis row
- 15:25 Two fire crews called to blaze at Millom house
- 15:25 Saturday Night Takeaway: Is Saturday Night Takeaway cancelled? What...
- 15:23 Ronald Koeman watches on as Virgil van Dijk and Holland squad...
- 15:23 Watford's Nathaniel Chalobah invited to continue his rehabilitation...
- 15:23 Billy Joe Saunders' April 14 clash with Martin Murray postponed...
- 15:23 What is Rugby's favourite take-away according to Deliveroo?
- 15:22 It's City Slickers... in DORSET! Wild West-style glamping site hits...
- 15:21 Airport chief appointed to run M6 Toll
- 15:21 Aldi's sell-out hot tub is back for 2018 - but you'll need to be quick
- 15:21 This is why you could be forced into a care home
- 15:21 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:21 Computers stolen in Rothwell burglary
- 15:20 How China's government has changed after the NPC
- 15:20 France's Nicolas Sarkozy: 'Bling' and legal woes
- 15:19 Weary savers urged to ditch big banks' derisory cash Isas and...
- 15:19 Burnley headteacher praised for helping pupils to flourish
- 15:18 Transfer news: Chelsea star Willian open to Man Utd, Real Madrid...
- 15:18 Luke Shaw deserves criticism but Jose Mourinho blast is too far,...
- 15:18 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:18 Fife practices forced to restrict new registrations for patient lists
- 15:17 How a sweary stitching group is helping women through loss,...
- 15:17 Youngsters invited to take a closer look at a fire engine during...
- 15:17 Petro cryptocurrency BANNED in United States as Venezuela claims...
- 15:16 Sophie Lionnet death: Nanny 'pushed to confirm Boyzone claims'
- 15:16 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:16 Computers stolen in Rothwell burglary
- 15:15 Councils’ plea for Labour government fund pledge
- 15:15 Mohamed Salah says cheeky jab at Manchester United's Champions...
- 15:15 Maurizio Sarri close to agreeing contract extension at Napoli amid...