Want to live longer? Eat Japanese food: Revealed, 5 health-boosting ingredients found in popular dishes
It’s widely known that the Japanese live long and healthy lives.
No-one can quite put their finger on why - but experts believe it's down to their immaculate diet.
A favourite cuisine among celebrities including Victoria Beckham and Madonna - sushi, miso and pickled vegetables are thought to be the reason behind their glowing figure.
Here, London-based nutritionist Cassandra Barns reveals the five foods in the Japanese diet that could help us live longer.
Fish are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, responsible for keeping the heart healthy.
But not only do they keep the blood... read more
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire
- 08:06 Arnold teacher jailed for carrying out abuse at prep school
- 08:06 Nottingham Forest news and gossip LIVE: Reds under-18 side in FA...
- 08:06 'Superhuman' Robin Hood Marathon winner smashes world record
- 08:06 REVEALED: Winners of days 5, 6 and 7 in our festive bonanza...
- 08:06 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:05 State aid measures for Monte dei Paschi ready - sources
- 08:05 Alan Shearer to receive CBE from Prince William at Buckingham Palace
- 08:05 Thomas Cook buys Co-Op out from travel stores business for 56 mln stg
- 08:04 Anger as Telford drivers caught up in further delays with latest...
- 08:04 UPDATE 2-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Dec. 6
- 08:04 Aleppo's fall would be win for Russia, defeat for U.S. in Mideast
- 08:04 Liverpool eye Quincy Promes transfer to help cope with Sadio...
- 08:03 Trimming your pubic hair can have unwanted consequences
- 08:03 Cleaner mocked for staring at expensive jewellery showered with...
- 08:01 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 9: WIN! A laptop worth £150 courtesy of Miller...
- 08:01 Mother of Millom teen who died at Kendal Calling says drug booths...
- 08:01 Man who denies assaulting surgeon at Furness General Hospital set...
- 08:01 Barrow man accused of stealing more than £1,000 worth of goods from...
- 08:01 Barrow teen accused of possessing a knife blade in public set to...