Want to be a police officer? Leicestershire force starts recruiting for 80 new jobs
A new recruitment drive to find 80 new police officers began today.
Applicants have between now and October 23 to sign up to join Leicestershire Police.
It is the first major recruitment drive for years, due to falling numbers of police during years of falling budgets due to the Government's austerity policy.
At its height, in 2009, there were more than 2,300 officers but that number has been dropping steadily since then.
Read more: Leicestershire Police to recruit 120 new officers - here's how to apply
Most of the personnel cuts have been achieved with the retirement of several hundred... read more
- 17:31 Family’s horror after car is hit by youths throwing brick onto busy A1
- 17:30 Teen pregnancies in the North East fall to record low - so why is...
- 17:30 PC Keith Palmer's fundraising page closed after £700,000 is raised...
- 17:30 University of Northampton students invite to a thought-provoking...
- 17:29 Which Derbyshire sites are among the UK’s most visited tourist...
- 17:29 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:28 Hungry Anderson ‘doing everything’ to win back his Cobblers spot
- 17:28 Police say ‘no evidence’ Isis involved in Parliament terror attack
- 17:28 SHDC ‘hoisting the white flag and surrendering to Springfields’
- 17:28 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger holds talks with Chelsea transfer...
- 17:28 Real Madrid to send scouts to watch Porto duo: Cristiano Ronaldo...
- 17:27 Manchester United will be without these SEVEN stars for West Brom...
- 17:27 Aston Villa: Who is Sam Gallagher and why would he interest Steve...
- 17:28 Papas to serve 10,000 fish and chips for 1p at Willerby and Bilton...
- 17:27 Watch Ant McPartlin attempt Llanfairpwll tongue twister live on TV
- 17:27 What YOU have to say about Gwynedd Council spending £2,000 on...
- 17:27 David Storey dead: This Sporting Life author dies aged 83
- 17:26 Chelsea loan star Tammy Abraham showcases incredible skill in...
- 17:26 Grenade recovered from side of A483 between Chester and Wrexham
- 17:25 ‘Short window of opportunity’ to break Stormont deadlock
- 17:25 Free gelato at new Rugby ice cream parlour
- 17:25 Four men banned from Carlisle bars after violent incident
- 17:23 Iraqi forces make new push in Mosul Old City -federal police
- 17:23 Former Liverpool favourite Luis Garcia makes bold top four prediction
- 17:23 UFC star Nick Diaz rolls joint before triathlon
- 17:23 Foundations singer Clem Curtis dies aged 76
- 17:22 Ronaldo and Ronaldinho open up on who threw the best parties for...
- 17:22 Could your bridal party be on new TV show Always The Bridesmaid?
- 17:21 Have your say on Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- 17:20 CCTV appeal after religious hate crime' in Derbyshire village