Want a slice of your nest egg to pay debts? No can do, says man from the Pru
One of Britain's biggest insurers is refusing to help customers use their pensions like cash machines if they need the money to pay off debts.
Savers with Prudential are only allowed to use new pension freedoms to dip into their retirement pot at regular intervals if they first pay to see a financial adviser.
Many customers who want a so-called drawdown policy pay for a visit from one of Prudential's own advisers, whom it dubs the 'man from the Pru'.
But Money Mail can reveal that if a customer tells the adviser they are going to take their cash to pay off a loan or credit card, they can... read more
- 12:14 Notts County Council leader apologises to victims of historical...
- 12:13 Kevin Spacey: Scotland Yard investigates third sexual assault...
- 12:13 High visibility police patrols underway after shootings in Sheffield
- 12:13 Thanks for saving baby Mayah’s life
- 12:12 ‘We SHOULD be WORRIED!’ Financial giant's SHOCK warning of ANOTHER...
- 12:12 Alexis Sanchez to have medical and unveiling at Man Utd today,...
- 12:12 Ups and downs in annual report from Northumberland’s schools chief
- 12:12 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 12:12 Simona Halep makes light work of Eugenie Bouchard to reach...
- 12:12 WATCH: Commemoration service to mark Guyzance tragedy
- 12:12 Arsenal transfer target Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang leads the way in...
- 12:12 Former Charlton manager Chris Powell emerges as a leading contender...
- 12:12 Man taken to hospital after Preston New Road crash
- 12:12 If you get this message on your iPhone - don't open it
- 12:11 Ups and downs in annual report from Northumberland’s schools chief
- 12:11 COLUMN: How to treat a severe allergic reaction
- 12:11 Australian Open: Gael Monfils was ‘dying on court’ in loss to Novak...
- 12:10 Healthy Living: New Harrogate running group for all abilities
- 12:10 Notts County Council leader apologises to victims of historical...
- 12:09 Healthy Living: New Harrogate running group for all abilities
- 12:09 Stir fries offer a healthy option for dieters
- 12:08 Ups and downs in annual report from Northumberland’s schools chief
- 12:09 Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger continues war with FA over referees
- 12:08 WATCH: Commemoration service to mark Guyzance tragedy
- 12:08 Parking charges may be looked at again in Alnwick
- 12:08 MP hits out after collapse of Carillion
- 12:08 Thanks for saving baby Mayah’s life
- 12:07 COLUMN: How to treat a severe allergic reaction
- 12:06 What's next for Arsene Wenger after Alexis Sanchez leaves? - TACKLE...
- 12:06 Memory match: PNE v Birmingham, play-off semi-final, 2nd leg, 2001