Want a slice of your nest egg to pay debts? No can do, says man from the Pru
One of Britain's biggest insurers is refusing to help customers use their pensions like cash machines if they need the money to pay off debts.
Savers with Prudential are only allowed to use new pension freedoms to dip into their retirement pot at regular intervals if they first pay to see a financial adviser.
Many customers who want a so-called drawdown policy pay for a visit from one of Prudential's own advisers, whom it dubs the 'man from the Pru'.
But Money Mail can reveal that if a customer tells the adviser they are going to take their cash to pay off a loan or credit card, they can... read more
- 17:12 Aston Villa chairman hints at three players incoming - another is...
- 17:10 Newcastle Civic Centre is turning 50! Send us your photos of the...
- 17:10 David Charters: Pssst... have you heard, the word is out on our...
- 17:10 There's something wrong with Wirral's high streets - what would you...
- 17:10 Workers at Chile's Escondida call wage offer 'absurd,' strike looms
- 17:09 Angry pensioner lost the plot after Flintshire nursery school...
- 17:09 Six dead after helicopter crashes while rescuing injured skier
- 17:09 Sir Ian McKellen pays surprise visit to Carlisle
- 17:08 Burton Albion news digest: which referee will take charge of QPR...
- 17:08 Talking point: tough final 19 games but Burton Albion can still get...
- 17:08 Police are investigating several incidents including break-ins and...
- 17:08 Water works exhibition for public
- 17:06 Taking ketamine ‘could help alcoholics quit booze’, experts claim
- 17:06 Ben Gerraghty arrested and charged with robbery and wounding
- 17:06 What to do if your child has got the hacking cough - and what to avoid
- 17:06 Thousands of south Cumbria residents respond to National Grid's...
- 17:05 GLOBAL MARKETS-Stocks recover, dollar steadies as investors eye...
- 17:05 Bulgaria former parliamentary speaker to be appointed as interim PM...
- 17:05 Trump signs orders advancing Keystone, Dakota pipelines
- 17:05 Female Focus: Lily Corry (Prestatyn)
- 17:05 Pokemon Duel released in UK TODAY - here's all you need to know
- 17:05 Saudi Aramco asks banks to pitch for world's largest share sale
- 17:04 West Ham fans you won't believe what Dimitri Payet has just done in...
- 17:04 Liverpool transgender campaigner 'drowned after falling in to marina'
- 17:03 Don Frye expects WWE star Brock Lesnar to return to the UFC despite...
- 17:02 Ex-Wolves striker Michael McIndoe questioned by fraud detectives
- 17:02 Cadbury strikes Premier League partnership deal
- 17:02 Sports Direct welcome jailing of people traffickers
- 17:02 Aston Villa transfer update: James Bree and Conor Hourihane latest
- 17:02 These two internationals are set for Liverpool deals - journalist