Want a slice of your nest egg to pay debts? No can do, says man from the Pru
One of Britain's biggest insurers is refusing to help customers use their pensions like cash machines if they need the money to pay off debts.
Savers with Prudential are only allowed to use new pension freedoms to dip into their retirement pot at regular intervals if they first pay to see a financial adviser.
Many customers who want a so-called drawdown policy pay for a visit from one of Prudential's own advisers, whom it dubs the 'man from the Pru'.
But Money Mail can reveal that if a customer tells the adviser they are going to take their cash to pay off a loan or credit card, they can... read more
- 03:45 Australians sitting on mountains of cash as wealth outpaces debt
- 03:43 Child sex offences 'rise fourfold in Greater Manchester'
- 03:40 Nikkei edges down on pause in weak yen trend; mining shares outperform
- 03:40 Court decides whether to arrest ousted South Korean president Park
- 03:34 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to press ahead with Tiemoue...
- 03:32 BlackBerry, freed of handsets, looks to software for return to glory
- 03:04 EU offers to negotiate Nord Stream 2 on behalf of members - Politiken
- 03:04 Oil stable on falling Libyan output, but bloated US market still...
- 03:01 Food trade drains global water sources at 'alarming' rates
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea's Stephanie Pratt going for gold with Team GB rugby...
- 02:56 'He was always the a-- wipe for Will Smith': Fresh Prince of...
- 02:56 EastEnders is not so Dyer without Danny as 'TV show ratings are...
- 02:56 Stephen Belafonte shares intimate 'threesome snap' with Mel B......
- 02:56 Lucy Mecklenburgh dresses her svelte figure in a leather jacket and...
- 02:56 Made In Chelsea star Rosie Fortescue rocks a psychedelic minidress...
- 02:56 TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou sizzles in plunging bralet as she puts on...
- 02:55 Ivanka Trump to be assistant to US president
- 02:55 SpaceX set to launch 'used rocket'
- 02:37 Ex-Cyclone Debbie forces mass closure of Queensland schools
- 02:28 Report shows computer delays in child grooming inquiries
- 02:20 Asia shares creep up to near two-year peak, dollar firms
- 02:18 Inside Mosul, a huge blast, then screams, dust and horror
- 02:13 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:59 Jose Mourinho rules Paul Pogba out of Manchester United’s clash...
- 01:49 Volkswagen says U.S. approves sale of modified diesel vehicles
- 01:46 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:43 ConocoPhillips sells oil and gas assets to Cenovus for $13.3 billion
- 01:42 Author claims coin contains face of ‘real Jesus Christ’
- 01:39 China Stocks-Factors to watch on Thursday
- 01:35 Nintendo Switch news: Classic dock design may make you skip that...