Wallsend man fined more than £1,000 for failing to give up names of flytippers
A man has been fined more than £1,000 for failing to give up the name of fly-tippers who dumped waste in a North Shields area.
North Tyneside Magistrates’ Court has ordered the 23-year-old to pay the £1,000 as well as £275 in costs.
The court was told that large items were found discarded at Burdon Main Row in North Shields . The collection included two sofas, two mattresses, a fridge, two office chairs and five wooden pallets.
The waste had been left there by two people using a transit van.
Read More Flytipping disgrace in Newcastle as car upholstery dumped at beauty spot
North Tyneside... read more
- 13:13 Corbyn won’t consider his position after historic defeat
- 13:12 27 things that seriously p*ss off anyone who works in a shop
- 13:12 West Brom selection dilemma: The team Tony Pulis could play against...
- 13:12 Couple fined after refusing to remove racist graffiti from their home
- 13:12 Leicester went from top-of-the-world to down-on-their-luck under...
- 13:12 Households paying the price for broken energy sector as electricity...
- 13:12 “Holy cr*p, people are stupid:” Walking Dead actor blasts minister...
- 13:12 Interactive map of the UK reveals the worst motorists by region...
- 13:12 Young dad-to-be who died suddenly will be buried with unborn baby...
- 13:10 Jewellery Quarter office block sold for £9.3m
- 13:10 John Lewis places 770 jobs under threat
- 13:09 Wigston Elvis impersonator stole mother in law's funeral...
- 13:09 Former Home Secretary Lord Waddington dies at age of 87
- 13:09 Where to taste craft beer in Leicester this weekend
- 13:09 Storm Doris: Dramatic dashcam footage captures moment large tree...
- 13:08 Watford v West Ham TV channel, kick-off time, odds and recent meetings
- 13:07 Eleven players sign new deals at Saints
- 13:07 Saints make just one change for Worcester Warriors clash
- 13:07 University is on top of the world
- 13:07 13 of the most dramatic photos from Storm Doris in Nottingham
- 13:07 Chaos as ambulances forced to divert away from Chorley A&E at night
- 13:07 Prosecco pancakes? Yes, they are a thing and here's how to make them
- 13:07 Appeal after theft of medication from car in Lancaster
- 13:07 Manchester United handed nightmare draw against Rostov in Europa...
- 13:07 Yoga in kilts is a cheeky success
- 13:06 Garden village plans spark interest from housing groups
- 13:06 Vietnamese goalkeeper who protested dodgy penalty by letting...
- 13:05 England v Italy in Six Nations 2017 - Kick-off time, teams and TV...
- 13:04 Landmark first for university department
- 13:04 Health kicks on offer at new Preston cafe