Wall Street set to open higher
U.S. stocks were set to open higher on Wednesday as oil prices rose to their highest since June and investors assessed economic data, including a report on private-sector hiring.
Oil prices rose 1.7 percent, supported by an industry report that U.S. inventories probably fell for the fifth straight week and OPEC's deal to cut supply. [O/R]
The ADP National Employment report showed that 154,000 jobs were added in September - the lowest since April and well below 166,000 that economists had expected.
"The number came in a little lighter than forecast ... but we don't think it necessarily... read more
- 16:10 Is Huddersfield town centre scruffy? Have your say
- 16:09 Road concerns could delay new store plans
- 16:09 Warning to drug users over dangerous heroin mix
- 16:09 Tattoo Fixers TV show wants people from Coventry for new series
- 16:09 How parents can apply for 30 hours of FREE childcare right NOW
- 16:09 What to do if you suspect your neighbours are growing cannabis
- 16:09 Teen victim of viral bullying video is having BOXING LESSONS to...
- 16:09 Police in Whitehall arrest man armed with knives over suspected...
- 16:08 Lorna’s a knock-out Masterchef
- 16:08 Driver caught doing almost 100mph on A55...with five-year-old not...
- 16:08 Byfield Scouts put survival skills to test
- 16:07 University of Chester chefs win big at national skills competition
- 16:07 Northern Rail RMT strike will cut the number of trains out of...
- 16:07 Communities across Scotland mark International Workers’ Memorial Day
- 16:07 WATCH footage of two women police want to talk to in connection...
- 16:07 Pharmacy opening times for the May bank holidays in Burton,...
- 16:06 Bowland Explorer will connect rural communities
- 16:06 UK mobile network performance best in Belfast area
- 16:06 Hackers used Microsoft Word bug 'for months'
- 16:06 Joey Barton ban is harsh, Eric Cantona got less - Burnley boss Sean...
- 16:06 Alvaro Morata considers Juventus return amid Chelsea’s interest
- 16:06 Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is overrated and lucky to have a...
- 16:06 Trampoline park rejected on health and safety grounds - but it's...
- 16:05 Mum writes to school and says daughter is ‘done’ with homework
- 16:05 Young people in Hartlepool appealing for unwanted bikes
- 16:05 Couple charged in connection with theft of more than £60,000
- 16:05 Well-wishers send their love to brave Bradley Lowery
- 16:04 Doctor Who season 10: Director reveals THIS scene was deleted from...
- 16:04 'End the injustice!'- Plea by Venezuelan official's son stirs nation
- 16:04 Mansfield runner’s London Marathon journey